Howdy, looking for PDX AOS folks.

Hi folks,

I am a long time Portlander and a old-time Warhammer fan but I have rarely had the chance to actually play so I thought I would go looking about town for fun folks to play with. 40k is neat and all, but I have always been a fantasy fan so I followed GW into AOS territory and find it not too bad, it will give me a chance to paint up all that grey plastic I have sitting around.

I have been a mini painter for years and am actually pretty serviceable but I go pretty slow, I just need to push through to complete units. I am currently working on my starter box Khorne Bloodbound but have way too many models of other factions waiting to be unboxed.

It seems the OF folk get together at the end of the month at GG for AOS, anything I should be aware of if I wish to stop by and say hello? I hope having regular people to play with will help me finish painting my troops.

Picture attached of 15mm Song of Blades in my basement that I enjoy as well. Drow versus Wood Elves with my irregular game friends.

post-3027-0-64219800-1462336061_thumb.jpg

Welcome. We do get together at the end of the month at Guardian Games. Also people are often looking for games throughout the week during the evenings it on Sunday's at the WOW facility. Just post up that your looking for a game and say when and where. I'm sure we can hook you up and you don't have to wait till the end of the month!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard:)

Yeah,we have a regular session on the last Saturday of each month at GG,,starts at 5:00pm and goes till 9:00.

You can also post a game request here on the forums with the day and time you would like to play,then meet up either at GG or at WoW(the clubhouse,its open for use on Sunday evenings and Tues evenings).

I think with the impending Generals Handbook I dont plan to do any fan comped play so if you can make it,just bring what you have,painted or not makes no difference as most of my armies besides my SCE are barely painted as well.We can just do a simple wound count or just match up warscrolls.

I also bring my source books for Battleplans.

We are also planning an escalation league, perhaps this fall or sooner probably using the new PTG system or campaign system that will be in the Generals Handbook:)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome folks. I will start to look for a game. I have to figure out how to transport my toys properly and see if I can get more painted up for hobby-pride.

A narrative league sounds fun but I probably need some major rules studying and actual play for a bit. I don't have a big established army to play with, just lots of miscellaneous battalion boxes to assemble and fiddle with. We will see what I can bring. 

GG is pretty convenient for me if anyone is going to play soon.

• Like 1

The rules are layed out very much like a CCG,with just the 4 pages of base rules but then adding in more special rules based on what Warscrolls and Battleplans(cards and format) you are using,very easy to get started in:)

With the release of official points for competative play,the "hard to master" part will begin as there is a large amount of warscroll battalions out there to factor into play when matching up armies.

For cheap transport I have used those tupperwear stackable drawers to great effect,using a thin piece of packing foam on the bottom of the drawer or even a towell.

The great thing about AoS is it has only the 4 main Grand Alliances,within those you can mix and match your armie any way you like,hell you can even mix and match the between the different GA`s if ya want.Also the "Old World' armies that have existed from the release of the game are still very much usable with most all the warscrolls being available from the GW site for free or through Forgeworld.

This months AoS session will be the evening of Saturday the 28th,hope you can make it:)

• Like 1