OFCC Inspiration

I had a ton of fun at my first OFCC and it now has me inspired to make my new space wolves army themed.  I'm trying to come up with some good ideas on how I could customize the army.  The only thing I have so far is undead with lots of frost weapons inspired by the white walkers from game of thrones.  If you have any ideas please let me know :)

• Like 2

I love it! Hobby inspiration is what the OFCC is all about! The white-walker idea sounds really cool! Some different ideas:

1) The techno-barbarian thing Eli mentioned could be cool. Lots of fur cloaks and Chaos Warrior bits mixed in to make them more savage and medieval and less "Space Marine". Maybe use Chaor Warrior cloaks instead of backpacks.

2) Do a Pre-Heresy Legion army. The Betrayal at Calth boxed set makes it really easy to get some 30k models. You can pick a war or event of the Great Crusades or the Heresy and model it after that. The scourging of Prospero might be cool - lots of trampled Thousand Sons underfoot.

3) All werewolves, all the time. Go heavy with the mutations. Take Wulfen, Thunderwolves, and have a variety of models converted to be in mid-transformation. Give even the standard troopers wolf mutations. Model it as a company that has been ravaged more heavily by the curse than others and blur the line between loyalists and chaos.

Whatever ideas you;re considering, it's often a good idea to do a test model or two as a "proof of concept". Try a couple, see what works and see what you enjoy doing before commiting to an entire army.

Also, I'm really glad you could come! Now make it out to DTG more often!

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.