Where to go with gramd alliance chaos

derek

Hey guys I have a decent chaos grand alliance but it really lacks synergy. Ive been thinking i need to pick up chaos warriors and more deamon stuff just to really get that chaos feel that my army is lacking. My real question is where would you guys start. I feel like age pf sigmar is now gonna be points or bust for the most part which im cool with but i was enjoying the get wjatever put it on the table and go. Looking for advice on how to really get the spark of chaos back into the army of chaos. My current purchases that are being added to my army are karos fateweaver and a screaming bell because i really do enjoy the skaven on the table

I am playing Chaos too, there is a lot of variety inside the alliance. Mine is kinda of a hodge-podge of Nurgle. Tzeench, Skaven and Slaves to Darkness. For me I was not so concerned about mixing stuff up, I was just trying to fill the holes to get me up to 2000 points and hopefully have a fun army to paint and play with. That being said I have heard good things about flamers, drones and chaos knights. But since I have not played a game yet I may not be the best person to ask haha!

HEROES
The Glottkin (480)

UNITS
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)
Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)
Nurglings x 3 (80)
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Chaos Marauders x 10 (60)
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
Bestigors x 10 (140)

WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

WOUNDS: 127 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Should probably start listcrafting along with looking over the Battalions from the GA book.I can say that a 2k lists is going to pretty much restrict you down to 1-2 of the subfactions as it fills up quick,especially when you add in a Battalion.

Right now,probably the best synergies will come from Skaven,possibly mixing in Nurgle.

Tzeench of course is strong in open play with the recycling of Horrors and such but in points play im not so sure they will do well,especially if they are alone.At this point many subfactions amongst the Grand Alliances need updated battletomes along the lines of Sylvaneth and Bonesplittas.In time all will be brought up to par im sure:)

I have a plauge furnace. The screaming bell was more for variety in collection and to play that silly fateweaver and screaming bell combo then laugh amd continue playing unless somebody is a reall prick. I like nurgle alot loved the glotkin model soooo good but i just cant get excited about painting nurgle. I wanted to add some tzeentch stuff and some khorne and slaneesh but feels like a chaos undivided army doesnt synergize to well.

• Like 1

Ive seen some powerful blood and pleasure combos. Ive been thinking of it like a magic the gathering deck, mono color is strong but so is 2 or 3 colors if it combos each other well. Synergies are nice but things can work off the Meta rules too. Working together could simply be clanrats receiving the charge only to flee during your turn so your chaos knights are guaranteed the charge

Idk two furnaces lists are good too, quite a few pest battalions use it.. Bell might be worth it for future releases or even the fate change, verminlord if your not making a dice roll a 7.

Theres a alternative paint scheme for nurgle that uses more whites and purples, can't remember which GW book i saw it in.

• Like 1

Having not played to many games of aos i havent really gotten to see how the whole chaos book synergises as a whole. Or even what the meta is around here. Hoping that people can make time during the week on different days to try and get a game or 2 in. Would really like to work out a cool thematic list