What era do most people play?

brettdavis1991

Hi me and my roommate are looking to get into flames of war and we're wondering what era do most people and tournaments run? It seems late war is the most played but I could be mistaken. 

Also wondering what's the local meta like? Personally I like infantry and mechanized battalions but if I will get trounced every time then I will go armor.

In the Portland and Oregon City area, we are focusing on Mid-War, North Africa, version4.

Local meta:

British Crusader spam wins often against German Armor

US Armor only played a little against Ger Armor.

German Infantry lists fare well against US and UK.

Mixed list overall works reliably, when handled well.

Not seen US inf much yet around here.

Check us out at Guardian Games on THU evening and Oregon City Geeks and Games on TUE eve's.

We also do some Saturdays at Guardian Games (a.k.a. "GG").

Some late war cards and a book being released soon, but until we try it out, i would not reccommend starting there, for now.

Mid-war is fun.

Looking into 2018 Battlefront releases, many North Africa German and British Armor models will still be usable on the Mid-War Eastern Front.

British and US sent lend-lease tanks to Russians, including Valentines, Matildas, Stuarts, Lees/Grants

For those of you who are more excited about LW than MW, look here:

Armies Of Late-War Pre-order
https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5824

Our PDX group will have a Flames-of-War LATE war event in DEC or JAN, depending on interest.

It needs to be at least a couple of weeks AFTER the arrival of the Late War force book, so people can  decide on army lists and dust off their forces in storage.

Similar to Fingolfen nearly all of my collection is for Late war. When i started playing flames of war I did not have any mid war and most events were late war. I am sticking with US for mid war because most of my current collection can be used for both MW and LW (M10's, Armored rifles, M4 shermans, 105 howitzers.. so on and so forth). However I plan on building up a similar army for British which will be able to be used for Mid as well as Late the purpose of which will be to get my brother into the game.