Narrative Cities of Death Campaign w/Battle Honours

Lyraeus

I guess I could read more! CA2018 pg 30 Cities of Death:

"Ignoring the Benefits of Cover
Some weapons and models have abilities that ignore the benefit a target might otherwise receive to its saving
throws from being in cover, e.g. ‘units attacked by this weapon do not gain any bonus to their saving throws for
being in cover’ or ‘enemy units do not receive the benefit to their saving throws for being in cover against attacks
made by this model.’ If a model has an ability like this, or is shooting a weapon that has an ability like this, it
makes no difference whether the target is receiving the benefit of soft or hard cover – it gains no bonus to its
saving throws."

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Also,

"Lucky Hit
Sometimes, despite making best use of available cover and all efforts to conceal your position, a stray shot or
ricochet will nonetheless find its mark. A hit roll of 6 always hits the target, irrespective of any
modifiers that may apply."

Yup. So @Ish and his Yellow Marines are amazing and Eldar can't just say no to shots.

Obscured targets also modify your to hit so that's important as well

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Edit: Also jetpack type might be good too!

Given that they removed the difficult terrain rules, the jump/jetpack route would be fun for kill team.

17 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Given that they removed the difficult terrain rules, the jump/jetpack route would be fun for kill team.

There is dangerous terrain in cities of death. You can spend CP to destroy a ruin making it dangerous terrain 

It's like getting out of a destroyed vehicle. Every guy that goes in makes a roll. On a 1 the break an ankle and die

9 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

There is dangerous terrain in cities of death. You can spend CP to destroy a ruin making it dangerous terrain 

It's like getting out of a destroyed vehicle. Every guy that goes in makes a roll. On a 1 the break an ankle and die

In the old rules, Jump infantry treated all difficult terrain (like ruins) as dangerous terrain, so cities of death was pretty lethal for jump infantry. 

Regarding the destroyed vehicle rules, they are really kind this edition. You count up how many were in the transport, roll that many dice, and the you get to pick a model for each "1" to be slain. Means that you don't really risk characters, special/heavy weapons, or squad leaders when your transport is destroyed, which are really kind rules. Even the dangerous terrain rules are meaner than that.

6 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

In the old rules, Jump infantry treated all difficult terrain (like ruins) as dangerous terrain, so cities of death was pretty lethal for jump infantry. 

Regarding the destroyed vehicle rules, they are really kind this edition. You count up how many were in the transport, roll that many dice, and the you get to pick a model for each "1" to be slain. Means that you don't really risk characters, special/heavy weapons, or squad leaders when your transport is destroyed, which are really kind rules. Even the dangerous terrain rules are meaner than that.

You dug too deep there. 

It's a by model basis going into the terrain and they take Mortal Wounds for a 1 

56 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

It's a by model basis going into the terrain and they take Mortal Wounds for a 1 

Yeah, which is not the same as the vehicle destroyed disembarking, which is what you said and I was clarifying.

As for the digging, I don't understand what you mean by that.

8 hours ago, paxmiles said:

As for the digging, I don't understand what you mean by that.

You took it too literally and went past the scope of the statement into an area that wasn't being discussed. 

8 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Yeah, which is not the same as the vehicle destroyed disembarking, which is what you said and I was clarifying.

Same base idea as it affects models moving within the area. The only difference is that transports lump them all together because they start there, the cities of death dangerous terrain just uses what goes in

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

You took it too literally and went past the scope of the statement into an area that wasn't being discussed. 

Yeah, I do that. I think I learned it from my mom. Sorry if it bugs you, though it will probably happen again and again.

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Same base idea as it affects models moving within the area. The only difference is that transports lump them all together because they start there, the cities of death dangerous terrain just uses what goes in

They are definitely similiar. The transport rules are different on a few points. But I didn't mean to start a debate about it.

32 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Yeah, I do that. I think I learned it from my mom. Sorry if it bugs you, though it will probably happen again and again.

Haha, it's fine for the most part. It can cause a bit of miscommunication though. 

33 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

They are definitely similiar. The transport rules are different on a few points. But I didn't mean to start a debate about it.

Exactly my point. It was to draw correlation to it so people have a basic frame of reference on how it could affect them.