Laser cut drop pods

KAPcom

With the release of the new marine dex, I figured people would be in need of drop pods, so I through together a small run of these mdf pods I built. They're the same profile as a plastic pod, but is made entirely of mdf.

I'm asking $20 a piece, with discounts if you buy a bunch.

IMAG1032.jpg

Ortho.png

Front.png

• Like 4

I have them and they are nice and sturdy.  Only area to be area of is that the top and bottom of the pod are different sizes, so the bigger one goes on the bottom....only made that mistake on the first one as the doors would not quite fit right.  I highly recommend if you dont mind the lining up and glueing of the pieces as each layer is a separate piece

• Like 4

I have them and they are nice and sturdy.  Only area to be area of is that the top and bottom of the pod are different sizes, so the bigger one goes on the bottom....only made that mistake on the first one as the doors would not quite fit right.  I highly recommend if you dont mind the lining up and glueing of the pieces as each layer is a separate piece

Glad they worked out for ya Burk. I'll adjust the instructions to make that part clearer. :)

• Like 2

While interesting, they are not quite my bag.

Is there a way to create/design more authentic looking ones? I'm sure youd sell more.

Heck, this guy makes them out of cardboard:

drop_pod_3d.jpg

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4353&start=15

If you ever do, just make sure you call them troop landers or something like the other alternate model companies.

• Like 1

There was an opponent I met in 5th that showed up with a WH Arbite army which featured papercraft (he used thin plasticard) for his Chimera's. At first glance, you couldn't tell them apart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...