Curious about Firestorm Armada, players

spagunk

I realize I am trolling this a little, but this part of the board isn't very active. I really like space action games, but I don't have anyone to play with, and little enough time as it is to split between the games I do play. If there was an active garage group I could get into I'd buy a fleet, but I think I have seen this game played twice in all the years since I have known about it. Then again, I haven't been looking for a game. 

I realize I am trolling this a little, but this part of the board isn't very active. I really like space action games, but I don't have anyone to play with, and little enough time as it is to split between the games I do play. If there was an active garage group I could get into I'd buy a fleet, but I think I have seen this game played twice in all the years since I have known about it. Then again, I haven't been looking for a game.

I was about to exclaim in happyness that someone finally posted something here. But no :( i wish more people played dystopian wars and spartan games.

Been tempted by this one too, but hesitating for the same reason.

-Pax

• 1 month later...

So I just got my Directorate Patrol Fleet and the Rulebook 2.0 a couple days ago. Haven't played 1.0/1.5, I'm brand new to the game, so I'll probably be looking for games in the future. My cousin got a Dindrenzi Patrol Fleet, and his brother got both Sorylian and Relthozan Patrol Fleets, but they're down in Salem, so I'll probably only play once a month with them. I could use some people up here to play with.

Here's the video that got me hooked for you trollers: http://youtu.be/Pz_3gmNqOPU

I pre-ordered a box of battlecruisers, the new heavy/regular cruisers as well as a patrol box. Since they aren't going to ship them until they get the pre-order in, it will be some time before I get my hands on them. I haven't yet purchased the 2.0 rulebook as I intended to use the freebee v1.5 they have on the site until I get my ears wet.

If anything, I like space shippy things so even if I don't get to actually play, I can zoom around my room and pretend :tongue:

Edit: I wish that Aerotech (from Battletech) was done in resin as the cost for buying metal models for that game is just way too high. Spartan Games minis are increadibly affordable in comparison.

The book is pretty cheaply made. The pages are nice, but the hardcover is somewhat lacking, and the glue binding is made of dry plaster or some such, causing the binding to crack and break the cover. Pretty cheaply made for the $40-50 price tag. I got it for $34, so I don't feel so bad.

I created a pdf of the entire 2.0 book (13 MB), so if anyone wants it, pm me your email address.

*Admins: Is it okay to post stuff like this?

Hmm...looked over the rules. Initially confusing, but then I found the "codex" books for free on the spartan games download section. Game looks pretty simple, with much room for over complication. That tier thing makes me thankful for 40k's Force Organization chart, which functions about the same, but is way less confusing.

Game in interesting, though I dislike both the models and cost (It's not too high, it just cuts into my 40k funds...). Might be fun to play with home-built models or Battlefleet Gothic minis.

How different is this one from Dystopian Wars? I'll admit to liking the models from that one more.

-Pax

PS: Thanks for the rules.