Supporting Ordo

JMGraham

Hey folks,

I won't make this plea often, but just want to put it out there for folks who may not be aware. I know plenty of Warhamsters already help out like this each year already. Ordo Fanaticus is a wargaming club based out of Portland OR. For the past gazillion years, they've served as a central hub for miniature Wargaming in he Pacific NW. In addition to creating great events, and traveling around to visit other events, and in addition to fostering an awesome sense of community, they host this website. These forums are an amazing resource for us, and serve as a way to connect those of us in the region. Furthermore, several years ago Ordo was kind enough to grant us Warhamsters our own little piece of heaven, in the form of this forum. All ofthe conversations we have here, the games we set up, the jokes we make, the shenanigans we plan, are partly due to the generosity of Ordo Fanaticus.

If you can, and if you're able, I encourage you to go to the store section of the forums (the link at the top of this page) and purchase one of the Ordo support levels. Even $1 is helpful, and the $20 Reaver level gets you discounts at Ordo events (like the OFCC). Plus, Reavers are awesome. Even Malcolm Reynolds is scared of them. Of course, you can always donate more.

We just got new forum software, the forums continue to grow, and the community keeps getting stronger. The Ordo folks have never asked us for anything, but I know that anything you can toss their way to help with hosting costs and the like would be appreciated.

Any typos are due to the fact that I'm typing this on an iPad, and autocorrect is my enemy.

Thanks, guys!

• Like 2

I should point out that another way to support Ordo is to be an active member of the larger community. If you don't already, check out the forums outside the Warhamster board. Read some posts. post some yourself. We're blessed with an incredible wargaming community in the Pacific NW. Take advantage of it! The folks you chat with online here are the same folks you'll be sharing beers with at the next big tournament or other event.

• Like 1

the $20 Reaver level gets you discounts at Ordo events (like the OFCC). Plus, Reavers are awesome. Even Malcolm Reynolds is scared of them. 

Unless I'm miss reading the current post, which is entirely possible, this is not true.  Ordo isn't offering that discount this year.  All those donation  levels are for the Ordites that live in the PAX area.

The OF clubhouse (aka WOW)- the site for all Ordo game nights, open gaming, and other events.

I've read that page several times, and no where, and again I could be missing something, does it explicitly say that reaver level gives a reduced ticket price to OFCC, if it did I would be all over it.  It does, as you pointed out, refer to OF Events.  From the above explanation of OF, this leads me to believe that Rever level give a price reduction to events at the Ordo Fanaticus club house, but nothing more.  I could be mistaken, happens frequently, and I want to be mistaken, but at this point, I don't believe I am.

In the past, supporting Ordo has always resulted in a discount for the OFCC. I don't see anything in the post that contradicts that. The Reaver pledge level was created specifically as a way out-of-towners could support the club and get a thank-you in return. Tell you what, Loren, if you pledge and don't get a discount for the OFCC, I'll give you the cash you would have been discounted myself.

Anyhow, I guess what I am saying is: Even if you get NOTHING in return, I hope you consider tossing some scratch their way. They generously provide this forum space for us to use, and I think the resulting benefit for our club has been immense.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.