INQ base size

Been looking through my bits for an acceptable "Hell Rifle" for my Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and I've got this metal reaper bolt thrower just sitting around...leftovers from my failed attempt at a DE WHFB army.

They would look really good together, but I'll be hard pressed for anything smaller than a 40mm base. Model isn't in terminator armor, so I think I'm supposed to use a 25mm base. Any foreseen issues with a 40mm base for a carapace INQ?

Model really is just the two options, an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and a Hellrifle (40pts).

-Pax

As a general rule, it is fine to go up a base size, but not down. If you wanna make your regular HQ look all scenic and stuff, stick him on a big base.

Was going to do that, but then I started mentally calculating it. If I follow the rule of cool, I can get it to fit on the 25mm base :biggrin:. Really, really over the top. Reminds me of those little anime girls with giant weapons, yeah, my inquisitor is looking like that. Though, going to need one heck of a balancing weight....

-Pax

Almost everyone wants strict basing for troops but are very lenient for HQ models on scenic bases. Do it!

Too late, got the model to fit on a 25mm base. Model is a ridiculous SM scout holding a DE reaper bolt thrower as if it were just another rifle....

Model isn't fully finished, but so far, I've got BA, IG, GK and SM bits in it, aside from that DE bolt thrower.

-Pax

If you like the look, but can't stand the weight, maybe find someone to cast that piece for you in resin.  

It's fine...I'm just complaining. If I were really concerned, I'd buy a finecast version and be done with it.

I will be adding a lump or two of steel on the basing step as "flock"

Anyway, weapon still looks awkward in his hands. I'm thinking about adding a "servo arm" that comes up and supports it. Not sure.

Model needs a head and some paint, oh and some ING markings.

-Pax

maybe make it a shoulder mount? with a bipod?

He's pretty much got to be holding it in that position to fit on the 25mm base. Mostly, the grip of his right hand looks off, might have to putty it. The other hand is acceptable. I also want to adjust the stock so it fits under his arm, as if it were a normal rifle.

A bi-pod is probably going on it, or even a tri-pod, though it will be collapsed for that position. He's sort of holding it at attention, rather than aiming at something. I also might want to re-inforce his arms, so it looks more like he'd be able to acually carry a weapon that large.

-Pax