US Post just gave my army away

JamesBeadle

Do you have any proof that the sender sent it? Or even that they had it at all? Or even that they the destination they wrote on the package was yours to begin with?

As I see it, you have a few courses of action. First, find out if it was delivered accidentally and to where. If dishonest reciever, they are breaking fedral law by taking your mail, so there should be some legal recourse down that avenue. If the other person just scamed you and never sent the army or never had it, then I think there is some legal actions that way too.

Personally, I've stopped doing trades online. I might arrange them online, but I trade in person. It's proved to be too much a headache for reasons like your situation.

I had one where I purchased some models via paypal from a guy on bartertown. One of the admins at that. They never arrived, I complained without any response, so I put a hold on his account. That got a response, but that didn't solve it either. Apparently he uses the same paypal account for his bills, so I found myself at a crossroads. Either I pursue my money and keep the hold while screwing his finances, or I let it slide (because paypal won't allow a hold after the first one). I choose to let it slide and never do such online trades again, but I often wonder if I should have screwed him over....Models never did arrive.

-Pax

@ Pax: I have enough credibility on Bartertown now, that I almost never have to ship or pay for a prodcut first. People who insist that I pay them before they ship to me but have less feedback than I do, do not get my business.

I had worked with Will before, and he has 25% more posititve feedback than I do. When you have that kind of built up credibility, it becomes more valuable than even a $2000 army. In the many years I have been using bartertown, I have only been screwed once before, and that was a small $15 purchase from a kid who I paid first simply because it was such a small deal. I learned my lesson and haven't ever done that again.

I think, used wisely, Bartertown is an excellent way for folks who want large collections but cannot afford the retail cost to get them, to aquire what they desire in the hobby.

@ Pax: I have enough credibility on Bartertown now, that I almost never have to ship or pay for a prodcut first. People who insist that I pay them before they ship to me but have less feedback than I do, do not get my business.

I had worked with Will before, and he has 25% more posititve feedback than I do. When you have that kind of built up credibility, it becomes more valuable than even a $2000 army. In the many years I have been using bartertown, I have only been screwed once before, and that was a small $15 purchase from a kid who I paid first simply because it was such a small deal. I learned my lesson and haven't ever done that again.

I think, used wisely, Bartertown is an excellent way for folks who want large collections but cannot afford the retail cost to get them, to aquire what they desire in the hobby.

As a big fan of Bartertown, I can't agree with this enough. I have fought for my good feedback there and it really helps in sorting out issues.

Still don't have the package. The US post seems to be having difficulty delivering to the school. I am getting very frustrated with them. Now my delivery date is tomorrow. I am getting frustrated indeed.

I've noticed the US post seems to try to get the package in exactly the min-max projected travel time for the postage paid. I can be mailed a packaged with tracking and have it sit in the post office of my hometown for days because it arrived too early to deliver in that min time. Anyway, hope it arrives fine.

-Pax

PS: The more I think about it, I don't think the trade site was bartertown. I think it was a similar one that I learned about on bartertown, but not bartertown. This was a while back.

Also, I've never heard of the USPS holding packages to meet minimum time. That's just weird.

I doubt it's some conspiracy, but it is logical to ship at the times your selling so people buy the faster shipping if they need/want it.

-Pax