Any AoS players in Gresham?

The title says it all. I'm wondering if there are any other AoS players in the Gresham area? With news that Threejacks is pursuing the Escalation League in Oregon City, I was wondering if there's any action in the Mortal Realms closer to home? I know Nexus is under new ownership and has some playing space. I was thinking it would be nice to play closer to home. Even Guardian is becoming a challenge with ever increasing traffic on 84.

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jeff Cope said:

Drove by Nexus in Gresham today and saw that it's gone. Don't know when it closed but it's empty with For Lease signs. 

Word has it that it had changed names or was under new ownership this year and had a new name "On The Play" I think it was..then as of July or early August the new owners closed it down...

I used to play out there when it had opened up years back but it became too far to go on Wed evenings when the 40k crowd was playing.

11 hours ago, Steel Angel said:

Wouldn't GG be a nice central place foe folks to play?

It is, but OP is having trouble getting there by car due to increased traffic.

Oh, speaking of game stores, looks like there's a new one near my home. http://thelongbox.us/ On Conealius Pass and Baseline, within walking distance of the Quatama Max Station. No 40k/AoS, as far as I can tell from their site.  

Hey, Jeff, are you anywhere near a MAX station? Should be able to get to GG or another game store without much effort via the MAX. That would be my suggestion to bypassing heavy traffic. But I'm bias, as I like public transit. 

Anyway, one option I have heard people use, in abscence of a Game store, is going to a bar with a pool table and playing on that. The inner dimensions of the pool table are about 6'x4'. You'd need your own terrain, maybe a play mat, and certainly need to be willing to buy drinks, but that is an option. No good for gaming with children, though.

Could also look into renting out a conference space. Lots of businesses have extra rooms for this sort of thing, and if the rates weren't too bad, could be worth looking into. A storage unit, too.