STRIPES preview at Breakthrough Assault

barca

On 10/19/2017 at 3:51 PM, ZEKE said:

how could you NOT be sold on M551 Sheridans?

Just a listing on what they are selling no stats no values no points. The American army is dead last in quality, quantilty, and nearly everything else, while having the highest costs. Unless the points change or stats really change it really is just more stuff.

Having served in the 82nd Airborne 89-92, I am interested in seeing what the list options look like.  M551 Sheridans, 3/73 armor battalion, are a must. The VADS, 3/4 ADA, I saw were trailer mounted.  Lots of turtle shell HMMWVs.  I did see the 1/17th CAV running around with LAVs but can't remember if that was just before or jsut after Desert Storm, so either 1990 or 1991. After Desert Storm,  I did see a HMMWV with an operator capsule mounted on back that had stinger missle pods attaced to the sides. The artillery were more like the old pack guns but were towed by HMMWVs, the bigger 155s were 18th Airborne Corps arty (their motorpool was in front of ours so I saw them every day) and were pulled by 5-ton trucks.  A10s and C130 spectres were always at our disposal since those units were also at Pope Airforce Base (next to Ft Bragg), and the 82nd trained with them all the time.  82nd Aviation Brigade was Apaches, Blackhawks, and chinooks.