Chaosgerbil galleries unleashed. I've been holding out on you guys.

ChaosGerbil

Hi, I decided to try out the Ordo gallery feature and was pleasantly surprised.

I posted my galleries, one for painted minis and one for unpainted conversions.

Painted:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/gallery/album/40-chaosgerbil-models/

Unpainted:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/gallery/album/41-wip-and-conversion-photos/

Regarding the rhino:

Conversion bits:

Top hatch from IG surrounded by spikes

Ram and front bar from Corpse Cart kit (GREAT for Nurgle bits / basing)

Heads and other decorations from Corpse Cart, Zombies, and other undead bits

Random arm and wood elf plant coming out of front

Mount on combi-bolter was a chaos spawn fly head and a lot of green stuff

Gouges were made with a single edge razor blade

Painting:

This one was complicated and a bit random, and there was some experimentation going on with that piece. I kept at it until I was happy with the overall effect and gave up making everything match exactly. That can work for Nurgle.

I do a lot of overbrushing style highlights, with the side of the brush, taking things way brighter than I want the end product to be. I follow up with a lot of washes, sometimes thinned down or made from paint and water or paint and medium. I'll do some occasional feathering blending. I made the bottom look especially dark and muddy and then free handed a few simple designs. I was going for pop while still trying to get everything filthy and creepy looking.

There are a few over brushed or detail brushed metal highlights on the nicks, and other metal spots. I usually do a Reikland Flesh wash on metal to make it look a little rusty or dirty, and I like the warm tone it brings. The new Typhus corrosion is decent too. Sometimes I'll follow up with Agrax Earthshade or Nuln Oil on the lower part of metal bits, often watered down to just hit recesses.

I wanted to suggest the Rhino might be filled with blood, or at least daemonically inhabited. The blood on this one was enhanced with Tamiya Clear Red, which is incredibly vibrant and glossy. The new GW blood is a little more subtle and probably more appropriate for most projects. Both kinds look better over a base coat of red.

For the green I start with a medium brightness yellow green like the old Catachan color. For highlights I use Ogryn Camo, one colors, and white, and then after words overbrush a tiny amount of a vibrant neon green over the areas that look too chalky. I did green, sepia, flesh, brown and black, and yellow washes depending on my whim or the area.

Heheh, I'm off to do some touchups on that Rhino now.