FW Characters Badab Chapters Etc

InfestedKerrigan

36 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

So, let's say I want to use Minotaur Charries, so I'm doing Mino Chapter. Do I select a chapter, and use their tactics, but use the Mino special chars instead of Space Wolf specual chars, or Ultra Marines?

I take it FW's book has units with the Minotaur's chapter trait but no rules yet for the trait itself. No, you are stuck fielding INDEX only models. The SM codex is only allowed to represent certain chapters and successors of certain chapters. 

So my suggestion would be to either run the Minotaur specific models as "allies" to another chapter that just counts as Minotaurs OR you could run a mixed detachment with some Minotaurs and some other marines, which would deny you special rules for either, but they could all be in one Imperium detachment.

The situation (unsurprisingly for anything involving FW) is pretty much a mess, but as best I can make it out, if the Founding Legion is unknown (as in the case of the Minotaurs), you can use any of the Chapter Tactics from Codex: SM (So not BA/DA/SW) and that Chapter's associated Stratagem, but your access to Special Characters/Relics/Warlord Traits is limited to the generic SM ones plus whatever FW gave them. If It's a Chapter with a known Founding Legion (e.g. Raptors are a Raven Guard Successor), you're locked into that Tactic/Stratagem, but still can't use the main Chapter's Characters/Relics/Warlord Traits.