Toying with a Necron army list

Here's my first stab at a Necron list with the new codex.

Plan: Spring at least 2 units forward with Ctan, allowing me to use Mephrit's -1 quickly. Deathmarks were a fill unit, but same -1ap when they show up. Warlord trait of immortal pride ensures auto pass failed morale, meaning I'll always be rolling 4+ reanimation (nothing lost to running away). The Wraith Wing will advance to to support by turn 2 at least. Only concern is anti tank/monsterous creature spam. I should be able to manage 1 or 2, but more will be problematic. That's 76 models too, concerned about moving in a timely fashion.

• Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons)

• Dynasty: Mephrit (Grants -1 ap when within half distance of weapon)

• HQ

• Cryptek (Chronometron, Staff of Light, Warlord)

• Cryptek (Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light)

• Troops

• 10 Immortals (Gauss Blaster)

• 20 Necron Warriors

• 20 Necron Warriors

• Elites

• 5 Deathmarks

• Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons)

• Dynasty-Novokh (re-roll hits in CC if charging or was charged this turn)

• HQ

• Destroyer Lord (Artefact-Voidreaper)

• Elite

• C'tan Shard of the Deceiver (Antimatter Meteor, Cosmic Fire)
    • Fast Attack

• 5 Canoptek Scarabs

• 6 Canoptek Wraiths

• 6 Canoptek Wraiths

• Like 1

Having fielded 5 destroyers+1 heavy destroyer, WOW is all i can say. Getting the chance to turn one shoot stuff is awesome! Using the strategem that allows them to re-roll all hits and wounds is worth it. Did 13 wounds to basically a land raider in 1 wound of shooting. I'll be fielding them along with my other threats. Just have to move some points around. Removing deathmarks and scarabs to start. Just have to shave 100+ pts elsewhere to do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, necrontyr said:

Destroyers are great and wreck face, hard. 
Immortals seem better than warriors now, especially with Mephrit trait. Tesla works good with a Lord and HWBD, but Gauss is always good.

I also love that scarabs explode again. I always bring a few for that reason alone.

Warriors with Immortal pride on warlord is better to make sure reanimation can happen. Also, killing off 20 dudes is just HARD. Killing off 10 immortals, easy. I field all 40 of my warriors with a cryptek giving 5+ invul and 4+ reanimation....they have to waste to much fire to kill them, plus mephrit makes them -2 if deceiver delivers them up front.

• Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons): 1996 pts

• Dynasty: Mephrit (Grants -1 ap when within half distance of weapon)

• HQ

• Cryptek (Chronometron, Staff of Light, Warlord)

• Cryptek (Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light)

• Troops

• 5 Immortals (Gauss Blaster)

• 20 Necron Warriors

• 20 Necron Warriors

• Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons)

• Dynasty-Novokh (re-roll hits in CC if charging or was charged this turn)

• HQ

• Destroyer Lord (Artefact-Voidreaper)

• Elite

• C'tan Shard of the Deceiver (Antimatter Meteor, Cosmic Fire)
    • Fast Attack

• 6 Destroyers

• 5 Canoptek Wraiths

• 6 Canoptek Wraiths

6 minutes ago, necrontyr said:

Well if you're going that route, why not bring a Ghost Ark along too make em even tougher?

Wasted points, if i want to re-roll i have 9 command points. Strategem is good enough. I actually want people to shoot them so they ignore the real threats (Ctan, 2 squads of wraiths, destroyers). For killing troops warriors are good. but the threats deal with big things and i need them alive.

Hate to say, but plenty of people ignore the warriors (Ctan delivering them within 12" makes them something you can't ignore).

Since the 5 immortals are just to meet my 3 troop requirement for battalion, I'm torn on Tesla or Gauss. At half range -1 tesla would be nice, and if assaulted extra hits on overwatch at -1. Gauss -3 would be sick too, but i'm not sure if I'd be able to get them 'forward'. I imagine a 5 man squad being a back objective sitter.