New Terrain to Replace Sector Imperialis

pretre

1 hour ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

looks tall enough to grant a knight cover. 😂

In 8e, Ruins only grant cover if the model is on the terrain the ruin terrain feature. And the knights aren't allowed to end their turn on the ruin. So that terrain just blocks line of sight for those knights. Or you could houserule it.

Though with the weapons in question on the table, I'm doubting that armor saves are even being used against shooting attacks.

Anyway, terrain looks decent and very expensive. Personally, I'm tired of 40k being exclusively Imperial ruins. I'm also disappointed that GW is no longer making those custom terrain tables, and the ones at the GW stores now look cookie cutter.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

In 8e, Ruins only grant cover if the model is on the terrain the ruin terrain feature. And the knights aren't allowed to end their turn on the ruin. So that terrain just blocks line of sight for those knights. Or you could houserule it.

Or he might have been saying that some of those are tall enough to block LOS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Though with the weapons in question on the table, I'm doubting that armor saves are even being used against shooting attacks.

Anyway, terrain looks decent and very expensive. Personally, I'm tired of 40k being exclusively Imperial ruins. I'm also disappointed that GW is no longer making those custom terrain tables, and the ones at the GW stores now look cookie cutter.

It's perfectly acceptable for a Knight to end its move in a Ruin, so long as they're on the ground floor. The specific ways those ones are constructed would make that difficult, but it would be easy enough to build them so that a Knight would fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WestRider said:

It's perfectly acceptable for a Knight to end its move in a Ruin, so long as they're on the ground floor. The specific ways those ones are constructed would make that difficult, but it would be easy enough to build them so that a Knight would fit.

GW ruins never have a ground floor. None of the current ones, anyway.

Though looking at that table, it would be easy to conclude that the entire table was the ground floor of a ruin. And, for the knights, the entire table being ruins wouldn't grant them cover unless they were also 50% obscured from the view of the firing unit. So, could be that.

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

GW ruins never have a ground floor. None of the current ones, anyway.

Though looking at that table, it would be easy to conclude that the entire table was the ground floor of a ruin. And, for the knights, the entire table being ruins wouldn't grant them cover unless they were also 50% obscured from the view of the firing unit. So, could be that.

Many Ruins are built on bases, even tho they're not supplied. Also, it's fairly common practice to define the ground floor of a Ruin as the area of the table bounded by the walls, using the shortest path between end-points to fill in any gaps.

• Like 1