A Year of Blood Bowl Tournaments

savion47

Working in a job that has a year where I cannot do anything and a year that I am generally free to do whatever, I have decided to make 2019 the Year of Blood Bowl Tournaments. I am planning on attending as many tournaments as I can from Nov. 2018-Dec. 2019. I plan to play the same team, Elf Union, in every tournament. This thread is going to serve as a method for me to track tournaments and post lists.

I am sure you are asking yourself "How can I be involved in this crazy journey?" Well, I am going to need your help. Whether it is list building advice for each tournament, pointing out regional events that are not on the list, or even attending an out of town event with me as going alone is going to be tough. Here is the list of events I have so far on my plan:

TOURNAMENT LIST

Date Event Location Attending With Link to Info
11/17/18 The Gravy Bowl II Evergreen Lanes, Everett, WA Weav, Burk, ninefinger
12/1/18 Matrix Bowl Tacoma, WA Weav
12/29/18 Western Winter Bowl 2018 MOB Games. Lake Stevens, WA Weav, Burk,
1/12/18 Three-Horn Cup Portland, OR area   details to come!
1/19/19-1/20/19 West Coast Quake 2019 Game Kastle, Mountain View, CA Weav!
2/8/19-2/10/19 Las Vegas Open Blood Bowl Tournament Bally's, Las Vegas, NV  
May likely Golden Tentacle (not announced) Everett, WA area   (not annouced)
June likely Spike! Magazine Blood Bowl Championship Vancouver, BC Area  
July likely Ordo Bowl III Portland, OR area everyone better play...
September? Chaos Cup 2019 Chicago, IL area  
November likely The Gravy Bowl III (not announced) Everett, WA area   (not announced)
December likely Western Winter Bowl 2019 (not announced) Lake Stevens, WA area   (not announced)

This is the list I have so far. If you know of something I am obviously missing (except world cup as that is not happening) let me know. (updated to add Three-Horn Cup
)

• Like 1

The Gravy Bowl 7s tournament has very simple rules for list creation. I have copied them below:

Join us for four games of Blood Bowl 7's using the standard NAF rules. 600K to build your team with a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 11 with up to 4 "positional" players. 

Two additional regular skills may be given to your team. Stunty teams (ogres, halflings, and goblins) may give two skills to their team which may be either regular or doubles skills. One skill per player. Leader and pro are banned. No star players allowed. 

I will be using the same list I used on the Ordo 7s tournament at OFCC:

large.840572379_GravyBowl2018Roster.png

Great list, Shane. I will be with you at Gravy Bowl, Western Winter Bowl and West Coast Quake. Not sure about LVO, leaning against going because no Travis. 

There will also be a one-day Ordo tournament some time this winter....get ready for the Three-horn Cup! Yes, THAT Three-horn!

5 minutes ago, Weav said:

Great list, Shane. I will be with you at Gravy Bowl, Western Winter Bowl and West Coast Quake. Not sure about LVO, leaning against going because no Travis. 

There will also be a one-day Ordo tournament some time this winter....get ready for the Three-horn Cup! Yes, THAT Three-horn!

One you get a date down I can add it to the list and will plan on attending.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...