Hills Project 2018 reboot (3d printed terrain)

stark1261

Hired a sculptor to do details (way way faster than me) on a single piece as I have had a couple people ask about kickstarting the idea, which I would want more detail.

I already bought a waymo sculpting pen for myself and started to play around, will take me a while so that is the fallback plan if this is too much detail.

Printer is running right now so will see tomorrow if prints have details are noticeable at .15mm later height in the new version.

Here are digitals, left is original, right is extra detail in the slicer. If I had a resin printer I am pretty certain I would notice!

5jS7qy8.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, already done. The system uses openLOCK, those are integrated into the base and frame pieces only though, to support modularity there are several pieces without openLOCK, such as all the ones with details.

And below is FDM print results at .15mm looks good in my opinion. Going see if I can source a cheap print on a resin printer.

XvaKxsU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok team Ordo! It has been a lot of fun to share as this project has moved along. It will soon be time for this project to leave the safety of its lair in my garage and venture out into the world. We are planning  a Kickstarter tentative for early July. (3d printable files)

picture below is the summer theme on a hexagon skirmish table.

here is a link to a video post I made over on reddit. 

Flyover video link

we also have a webpage now, nothing fancy but it exists! www.hexhogtabletops.com

Thanks for all the likes, comments and feedback!

806362E4-3DAF-42AD-8035-55AEA2483638.jpeg

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Jay unpinned this topic