Escalation League PR: Gloomhackah's Zogging Gitz

Lyraeus

Just now, SPaceORK said:

If it's a army in power armor itll have a smash captain. Such an excellent tool in a struggling army.

Mono detachment? So one could play Mortarian? Ohhh... Double T-sons princes and summon brimstones... Shield captain on dawneagle/3 bikes. 

I guess these are things that would be frowned upon..

Yeah, Knights discouraged, that sort of thing. 

5 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Mephy, smashcaptain, 2x5 bare scouts, 1x5 primaris marines with rapid bolters, might have been more than 5 primaris marines.

Ohh... Mepy and smashcaptian should have done whatever they wanted to both tau and orks...

I do like a Riptide, 2x cadre fireblades and the rest of the points in firewarriors at 500..

If you can field it in a Battle-Forged Detachment under the 500 Points limit, its kosher... But the “spirit” of the league was a slow-grow escalation to get people back into the game that have been out for a while or ease people into it who are new.

So, yeah, technically you can bring Magnus, Morty, Bobby G, or whatever... But maybe you shouldn’t?

1 minute ago, Ish said:

If you can field it in a Battle-Forged Detachment under the 500 Points limit, its kosher... But the “spirit” of the league was a slow-grow escalation to get people back into the game that have been out for a while or ease people into it who are new.

So, yeah, technically you can bring Magnus, Morty, Bobby G, or whatever... But maybe you shouldn’t?

Oh I'm not! But I was just thinking what I can do at 500. And I live 4 hours away so none of my douchey-ness could be done to y'all anyways.

42 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Coaching, huh? I think you should have stuck with only a single powerhouse HQ. Mephiston AND the smashcaptain occupied too many of your points and left your other units in a bad position. Between the two surviving marine squads, they should have had the tools to beat that broadside in melee, at range, or a combination of the two. I suggest getting the scouts a cheap powersword on the sergeants, or giving them missile launchers. 

Don't get me wrong, you were definitely winning and would have probably won if not for our crazy additional opponents idea mid game.

The problem I run into is BA troop choices stink. We are a melee army, not a shooty army. As someone else said earlier, it really is a struggling faction right now (especially if you trying to play mono faction like I am). We have HQ's that hit hard (Mephiston, Lemartes, Libby Dread, Smash Captain, Dante, Asorath, the sanguinator) and elites, and at 500 points its near impossible to field any of my elites (death company and/or Sanguinary Guard). I will totally try and bring a less aggressive list for actual week one, but also, our HQ's just hit hard and zip aroynd the board (flying deadnaught!), so it's hard to not end up feeling like I'm just playing generic space marines. For what it's worth, I've only won 1 or 2 games ever (out of about a dozen) so I am used to having to bring some hard hitters, sorry if I over did it.

See ya Sunday!

-----tim g

1 minute ago, apathy ales said:

The problem I run into is BA troop choices stink. We are a melee army, not a shooty army. As someone else said earlier, it really is a struggling faction right now (especially if you trying to play mono faction like I am). We have HQ's that hit hard (Mephiston, Lemartes, Libby Dread, Smash Captain, Dante, Asorath, the sanguinator) and elites, and at 500 points its near impossible to field any of my elites (death company and/or Sanguinary Guard). I will totally try and bring a less aggressive list for actual week one, but also, our HQ's just hit hard and zip aroynd the board (flying deadnaught!), so it's hard to not end up feeling like I'm just playing generic space marines. For what it's worth, I've only won 1 or 2 games ever (out of about a dozen) so I am used to having to bring some hard hitters, sorry if I over did it.

See ya Sunday!

-----tim g

I dont think anyone thinks you overdid it! 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

See ya Sunday!

-----tim g

Play what you want! If anything I will play you and play my Mek list where you could do wonders! 

Just now, Ish said:

Blood Angels are probably one of the only Chapters where Assaut Bolt Rifle equipped Intercessors are superior to standard Bolt Rifles. 

Well and that, and as Ish said in a different thread WAAC is a matter of opinion. After listening to a lot of Best in Faction, WAAC is meh, in competive its not even a thing really and here, i don't care, it's a challenge to learn from and to help me grow so do what you want. Just warn me please 😛

29 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

See ya Sunday!

-----tim g

No, you are not a melee army. You are space marines. You might lean more melee than other space marine armies, but the space marines are specialized in being good at everything. If you focus too much on one aspect of marines, you undermine their strength. 

Anyway, for units, scout marines are pretty effective choppy unit if you design them as such. They aren't primaris marines, but they are not a lacking melee unit, especially for cost. Give the sergeant a power weapon (and maybe a pistol) and the rest of the squad get's melee and pistols. More effective at the 10-man mark, plus you can always use combat squads if the opponent lacks melee units strong enough to need 10 scouts. 

Primaris marines might lack paired melee weapons, but they should have 2 attacks each, which is plenty to effectively be a marine assault squad. And they still have pistols and a power weapon for sergeant. Give them assault bolters, so they can zip across the battlefield, and that's really all they need to be a melee marine army.

Sounds like you have the bar raised too high in evaluating the effectiveness of your units. Even scout marines are a force to be reckoned with.