AM List needs feedback

Natefoo

Edited**

Looking at getting some AM models and crunching out some lists. Here is what I'm thinking about:

HQ

- Yarrick

- Pask in Punisher

2 Executioners w/ multi-melta sponsons

- Psyker x2

- Priest x3

Troops

-Platoon

Platoon command squad

Infantry Squad w power Axe

-Veterans w lascannon and forward sentries

-Veterans w lascannon and forward sentries

Fast Attack

-armored sentinel w lascannon

- Valkyrie w lascannon

- Valkyrie w lascannon

Heavy Support

- Wyvern x 3

-Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun

2000 points

Vets and PCS hide behind aegis w/a psyker.

A priest goes into each blob.

Yarrick goes with a blob and may be embarked in a vendetta if necessary.

Are the wyverns and pask w punisher overkill for anti-infantry?

Do I have enough scoring and should I be concerned with weak leadership stats on my blobs?

Thinking of dropping wyverns and sentinels for another Russ Squadron

I love running Pask in a Punisher. Exterminator fits well with him too but I'm confused by the Lazcannon/Punisher combo.

I'd suggest trying some conscripts. If you're gonna run a blob, why not add a tricked out cheap meat shield?

I can never get a single heavy weapon to work, I have had good results with grenade launchers on vets though.

Just a couple observations from a guy with a perfect Guard record (100% losses) so remember your salt!

;)

Your scoring is definitely on the light side for 2000pts- in particular, you are leaning on the Aegis Line to protect a lot of your dudes, but with Ignores Cover pretty common that may not be a plan that works out.

Lascannons on the Valkyries are not great, but Hellstrike Missiles are awful. The Multiple Rocket Pods option is not really an option, it's the only functional way to run them. They are far too effective as infantry-killing platforms to run them as suboptimal tank hunters. Also, you don't really have any units to put inside them, which is a pretty big waste- being able to drop  a scoring unit on the other side of the field is a big deal.

You said "a Priest goes into each blob," but you only actually have one blob unit, so I'm rather confused. Two Priests for redundancy's sake is certainly understandable, but I'm really not sure what the third one is doing.

Yarrick isn't really doing a lot for you, I don't think- he's certainly a good HQ, but you don't have a lot of ways to take advantage of his Orders and Pask already supplies you with a superior Warlord choice (being both tough and having a good trait.)

I'm not really sure about the Sentinels, as I don't have much experience with them yet. I feel like Autocannons might be a better choice than Lascannons, but that's sorta just guessing; you could probably leave them for starters to see how well they function.

Using 10 Veterans as nothing but a really big lascannon team does seem like a waste. There are BS 4 Veterans in there that could be carrying sniper rifles or grenade launchers. The blob has room for special weapons as well.
The Platoon Command Squad can have a heavy weapon too, as long as it's just hiding in the rear.

I am planning to use lascannon-armed Armored Sentinels in my own Guard force. They are still more expensive than Heavy Weapon Squads, but the price difference has narrowed. I think their greater durability, and their ability to move and fire, makes them worth the extra points.

Since Pask and his squadron account for more than 25% of the points in your whole army, and a lot of its firepower, this seems like a great place for a Techpriest and some Servitors. In addition to their repair abilities, Power of the Machine Spirit can (if I'm understanding the rules correctly) allow a tank to fire its main gun at full BS even if the crew is shaken.

Reworked it and looks like this:

HQ

- Pask in Punisher

- 2x Executioners w/ MM sponsors

- 2x priest

- 2x psyker

Troops

Platoon 1

-PCS

-Infantry w/ power Axe and melta bombs

-HWS w 3x lascannons

Platoon 2

-PCS

-HWS w 3x lascannons

- Veterans w 3x Melta

- Veterans w 3x Melta

Fast Attack

- Armored Sentinel w/lascannon x3

- Valkyrie w MRP x2

2000 points on the nose

Melta vets go in valkyries

Could trade those HWS lascannons for autocannons to free up some points.

Do I have enough anti-air?

That's definitely looking better. One thing you could consider is sticking the PCS into the Valkyries- I am a big fan of a PCS with four Flamers, as it's a unit that can burn a lot of things off objectives, can't really be assaulted, and scores itself. Meltaguns are also pretty decent there- they may not have BS4, but they get four of 'em, which goes a long ways towards making up for it. Replacing one Veteran squad with a PCS would free up points for use elsewhere, which wouldn't be bad.

I don't like Heavy Weapons Squads at all. They're just too fragile for my tastes; I won't say you can't use 'em, though.

I disagree with Pour on the topic of Russ Sponsons- I think, especially with the price break, they're an absolute steal. I'm not sure I'm sold on the super-expensive squadron with Pask like that, but it definitely is a monster in the shooting phase. I'd grab the extra HBs on the sides for Pask himself, though, since those line up with his primary target profile well.

You are definitely a little light on AA, but not completely awful. A Quad Gun or something might help, if you wanted to shore that up. If you have access to Forge World, the Sabre Defense Platform is an unbelievably amazing sort of thing for that.

HQ

- Pask in LR Punisher

- LR Demolisher

- 2x priest

- 2x psyker

Troops

Platoon 1

-PCS w Heavy flamer and 3x flamers

Platoon 2

-PCS

- Veterans w 3x Melta

Fast Attack

- Armored Sentinel w/lascannon x3

- Armored Sentinel w/autocannon x3

- Valkyrie w MRP x2

Heavy Support

-LR Battle Tank

-LR Executioner

1985 points.

I dropped a vet squad and HWS in place of an extra tank and 3 autocannon sentinels. Seems like it's both more versatile and redundant.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't know how others feel but melta bombs and power axe on a sarge seems like a waste, since you can only use one in assault.

Maybe mix sarges in blobs.