The Twitchy Painter

Alright, I'll admit, my last attempt at a blog didn't go so well. I blame the material; interesting, but much too heavy to keep up with, especially when fighting the stress and anxiety of a global pandemic. So I decided to try again, with something more light hearted. This is my new hobby blog, The Twitchy Painter. It's just for general minis gaming & modelling. I'm going to be posting more often on this one; it'll be a lot easier to throw up a blurb with a WIP on a project or something than having to write an intelligent mini-thesis on a difficult subject. Also, I intend to add battle reports at some point, so stay tuned for that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

15 mm seeems like a great scale for a “traveling DM” who wants to have a good selection of miniatures for monsters and heroes, but also needs to have an easily portable setup to go from friend’s house or the game store or the con  every other week.

The scale would also work as a alternative to 28-32 mm scale wargaming, since it’d be a lot more affordable to get a block of thirty Orcs with Spear when they’re 15 mm... But the size isn’t quite small enough where I think multibasing works. That still seems like something only 6 mm or 10 mm really works for.

(I have also seen 2 mm scale miniatures, but frankly, that scale just seems silly.)

36 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I know my last post was fairly recent, but I just threw up a quick bit about how I paint my tiny soldiers. Prepare to be shocked and horrified by the sloppy, lazy painter!

It’s my firm belief that when it come to miniatures painting a consistent level of “good enough” across an entire collection is better than having a collection containing a single Golden Daemon winning miniature and a bunch of bare pewter.

• Like 1

New post is up! This is the first in an extended series of my analysis of what's got me excited - and not so excited - about 9th edition 40k. I had intended to do it all in one article, but it's a much deeper dive than I thought it was going to be. The good stuff is probably going to take two or three posts, so I went ahead and did one post to begin with about the stuff I'm less than thrilled about first, just to get it out of the way. Most of it is just grumping over stuff that has been hashed over a million times, but it was cathartic to get it out.