Need Advice For Problem With Transfers

Foul Pilgrim

Hey guys, needing some hobbling advice. Just finished up painting my first 2000pts of Red Corsairs. I went to apply my transfers and found that my largest decals are just too small for the top hatches of my rhinos. Help! 

What are some options available to me to do these models justice? There's just no way I could free hand the tyrant's fist. Looking for all the advice I can get. Thanks!

3ca7946673f7cef2a1dccaa04b86679e.jpg

• Like 1

Option one would be to take advantage of the Red Corsairs having been a codex compliant chapter not long before the “present day” and just use tactical role markings on the Rhinos’ top hatches.

Option two would be to make a stencil from the pic you’ve got above, then airbrush it on. If you don’t have an airbrush, you could use a very sharp pencil to lightly pencil in the outline and then just paint inside the lines.

Option three would be to go to someone like Pop Goes the Monkey and find some three-dimensional insignia bitz you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Option four, if you have a printer and some patience, is to pick up some waterslide transfer paper off Amazon or something and print your own.

https://www.amazon.com/Sheets-Inkjet-Transparent-Printer-Transfer/dp/B06XP7NZ62

There's a guy I follow on Instagram who's been doing just that with classic bomber nose art for his Imperial Guard flyers, and they look stellar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I totally forgot about DIY inkjet decals! I used to do that all the time for terrain pieces.  

If you do plan to use decals, then you absolutely must get a bottle of MicroSol and MicroSet. Trust me on this. Ask for it by name. Accept no substitutes.

• Like 4