Escalation League at Red Castle Games

Hello everyone!

With 3rd edition around the corner we have a few things planned to get new and old players together. We are planning an escalation league and paint nights! If you're interested, join us on the Red Castle Games Discord for upcoming details and updates! https://discord.gg/875RwTZ . From there you can choose which channels you'd like to see. We have an Age of Sigmar channel. Come say hi!

Yeah, we’re targeting some time in September. It’ll give folks time to get familiar with the new rules. What we’re really waiting for is Red Castle to open up their gaming tables. We’ll probably get regular games going before the Escalation League

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Atules said:

Yeah, we’re targeting some time in September. It’ll give folks time to get familiar with the new rules. What we’re really waiting for is Red Castle to open up their gaming tables. We’ll probably get regular games going before the Escalation League

Does Red Castle have any projected date as to when they will open for in-store play again?

AoS Escalation League

Purpose

This league is meant to introduce new and old players to Age of Sigmar 3rd edition. It is meant to be a friendly and inviting environment for people to learn and to cultivate the AoS community. The escalation league will start on September 18th and be held at Red Castle Games. Time TBD.

Schedule

This league will be held over 6 weeks. Matches will be based on a round robin. This will allow everyone a chance to play with one another. There will be an official weekly meetup to play the match. However, if either player can not attend they may set up a day within the allotted week to play their game. Each player will coordinate either through Red Castle Discord or by other means and report the results to the event organizer by the last day of the round.

NOTE: There will be no make-up rounds in this league. All matches must be completed and reported by the Sunday of round end. Players may forfeit matches to have their opponent receive full combat points. If neither player wishes to concede, the match will be considered a tie, with each player receiving one combat point. Any league participant who does not play their match for two rounds in a row will be dropped from the league.

Round One - 600 pts: September 18th

Round Two - 750 pts: September 25th

Round Three - 1000 pts: October 2nd

Round Four - 1000 pts: October 9th

Round Five - 1500 pts: October 16th

Round Six - 1500 pts: October 30th

Scoring

Matches in each round will add to your overall score. Match scoring is as follows:

Win - 3 points

Tie - 1 point

Loss - 0 points

Scenarios

Each round, the scenario to be used for all league games will be published in the Red Castle Discord AoS channel. Rounds One and Two will be played on a 33” x 44” table, while Rounds Three - Six will be played on a 44” x 60” table.

Scenarios are considered to be Matched Play games. Pitched Battle battleplans will be the basis for each scenario.

Armies

Round 1 and 2 no restrictions to army building other than not going above the max points of your army. After round 2 we will adhere to the General Handbook 2021

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Akylas said:

Hello,

I've only played the previous edition starter set and am interesting in getting more into AOS. Would this be a good way to get into the game and new edition? I'm happy enough to lose but wouldn't want to drag things down as a new player.

You can totally come play AoS Wednesday nights at Guardian Games. Being a beginner and teaching other players is all built into the system they have set up. You can also play games at any point size. Red Castles escalation league I am sure would be great for this as well. They also play on Fridays at Geeks and Games.

Warhammer Casual League - Guardian Games (ggportland.com)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

You can totally come play AoS Wednesday nights at Guardian Games. Being a beginner and teaching other players is all built into the system they have set up. You can also play games at any point size. Red Castles escalation league I am sure would be great for this as well. They also play on Fridays at Geeks and Games.

Warhammer Casual League - Guardian Games (ggportland.com)

I like Guardian Games a lot. I'd like to check out their aos night but I work evenings during the week. I'm pretty much stuck looking for stuff on Saturdays right now, unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, Akylas said:

Hello,

I've only played the previous edition starter set and am interesting in getting more into AOS. Would this be a good way to get into the game and new edition? I'm happy enough to lose but wouldn't want to drag things down as a new player.

Yeah of course! We're pretty casual players and looking to build the community. We still have time between now and when the league starts so a bunch of us are just painting our armies and getting a few games in to get familiar with the rules. If that's your speed then come join us on Red Castle Games Discord and say hi! https://discord.gg/875RwTZ

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Akylas said:

I like Guardian Games a lot. I'd like to check out their aos night but I work evenings during the week. I'm pretty much stuck looking for stuff on Saturdays right now, unfortunately.

Awesome sounds like Red Castles Games AoS Escalation league is perfect for you. I am hoping to attend with my son.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

is that the normal Red Castle discord chan? or is it for AoS only?

It's for the Red Castle Discord server. We have an AoS channel in there. From the server guide you can pick and choose which channels you want to see

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 7:32 AM, Atules said:

Yeah of course! We're pretty casual players and looking to build the community. We still have time between now and when the league starts so a bunch of us are just painting our armies and getting a few games in to get familiar with the rules. If that's your speed then come join us on Red Castle Games Discord and say hi! https://discord.gg/875RwTZ

Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm working on building an painting models right now. Having a deadline should make it easier to keep up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, deadwing34 said:

In case no one has heard, Red Castle Games has postponed any in-store gaming until at the earliest January of 2022.

Correct, we are looking to find another venue to keep the schedule. Anyone still interested should still join the RCG server and reach out to us or here is fine!

• Like 1