Death Zone

Brick Bungalow

I'm curious if coaches have played around much with the rules for special stadiums, seasonal weather tables and the various other conditions in the death zone rulebook. I really like the idea of greater world-immersion and change ups. Part of why I'm on hiatus from blood bowl is because it had gotten a bit too predictable and repetitive. I think a league using the full range of options sounds like a great re entry. Anyone know if sponsored tournaments plan on doing this?

• Like 3

Most online leagues won't have these features enabled in bb3 (assuming cyanide can actually code them in). I doubt the NAF would have anything that swings the game in favor of one team or the other. See: wizards.

I've only got the core rulebook but the optional points system was horribly unbalanced so I opted to not use it. I imagine special balls/stadiums/cards are also the same. Adding this stuff moves it from "competitive strategy game" to "beer & pretzels", imo. Weav & Bryan Tew usually have special play cards at their tourneys that are balanced really well & don't make a huge impact on the game state, but that's the closest I've seen to the optional stuff working well in the game. 

• Like 3