Saga Questions ...

Torg

I only have one question currently, I picked up some Normans Box (4pts) and some extra blisters of Norman Spearmen to get my force to 6pts max. I picked up a Duke and Retainers on eBay ... I am guessing he can replace my warlord which is mounted in the Norman box - as an option. But how do I deal with the retainers? I looked for rules but found nothing about retainers - aside from possibly bodyguards?  Also, to I mount the retainers on the same base as the Duke or on separate bases?

-d

While retainers have no specific meaning as a game term in saga, there are a couple of things you could choose to do with those figures. The first, which Ish suggested, is to make a diorama of your Warlord, on anything up to a 60mm base.

The second is to interpret your retainers as hearthguard (who are fielded as units of 4 or more models on foot or mounted). Your warlord has a special rule that allows you to sacrifice the lives of nearby hearthguard to prevent hits that they would suffer. So keeping a few hearthguard in close proximity of your warlord is prudent gameplay.

Finally, there is a hero called a personal champion, who you may take as a single figure that provides a few protective benefits when they are near your warlord.

• Like 1