Bolt Action - Open Game Day - March 13th

Torg

I am reposting this for the organizer from the facebook group - "Rosti's Gambit"

==========================

Ok my fellow Bolt Action players in Oregon (and Washington too).  

I have a date reserved for the next open game day for March 13th (a Sunday this time)!  Same place as before in Aurora, Oregon.  We have room for plenty of players and I’ll plan to setup 6 tables to support 12 players - can setup more if we have enough players RSVP. 

If you are interested in attending please let me know by a PM here or email me at Crostocil@rostisgambit.com and I’ll get your name on the list for updates.  

Basic setup as before: 
- 1000 pt armies
- 2.5 hr games
- Scenarios from the Rule Book

==========================

If you have any questions - I would refer you to the facebook group for the email above. I can also relay questions if needed. I have not played Bolt Action yet ... but am planning on having my USMC ready to go for this.

-d

IMG_2247.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on making it to the game day on Sunday but due to some car issues and lack of time to finish up my painting I will not be able to join. However, I was wondering if there are any people in the PDX area that can get in games more often than once a month. I would love to get in some games before the next game day to knock some of the rust loose.

I am not sure where in Portland is playing Bolt Action - but I know Rosti is playing pretty much every week at his place (or so that is what I hear). I have not yet gotten around to being able to play weekly (I have to many things on my todo list at home). But I wouldn't rule out figuring something out in another month or so. I am not sure if any local shops host Bolt Action... maybe someone else will know more on that.

I have a fully painted USMC force (1300+ pts) and a island assault table just completed for the above event. I am shortly going to start on an Afrika Korp army (1000 pts) ... using the starter box and maybe 3d printing some horse levy lol.  My goal is to have at least 2 forces playable at home for Bolt Action.

It is too bad you missed the game day - it was lots of fun - it was technically my first 3 games of Bolt Action. I am pretty impressed how well the game is designed and felt balanced. All my opponents were friendly and helpful as well. I am still learning the game, their seem to be lots of nuances to making things work in your army - preplanning and tactical stuff - which will come along as I learn and play more.

-d

• 3 months later...