Wish list considerations for 7th and ofcc

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I figured this may be a way we can chat through how 7th maybe integrated into ofcc this year. I hope this appropriate. It might also be a way to give advice on how to make a a good ofcc list.

One of my teammates pointed out grey knights and daemons will be quite stringing psychic phase so taking special considerations when building these army lists may need to be considered.

I am not to concerned about the number of focs one can use, I trust the players.

I like the idea of come the apoc can be included and have scoring. One can finally bring genestealer cult with an ig and nid detachment!!!

I hope we integrate the special mission cards and would be possible to comission a ofcc one but seems like too little time.

I don't have book in hand yet but I'm curious if there are any cautions folks have to list building in 7th that one should consider, so lists are friendly enough? Is there any restrictions that should be imposed to protect the spirit?

Twelve is a very, very low number of psychic dice, just to point out- armies like Grey Knights and Tyranids can generate that many pretty accidentally, especially in 2000pts. A more feasible solution I've seen is making a Perils of the Warp result cause the spell to fail automatically (but not the "perils on any doubles" effect of Daemonology, as that makes the spells almost-literally impossible to cast for anyone but GK/Daemons.) I'm not sure it's a perfect solution, but it's better than most of the hard-caps I've seen. It still leaves the issue of someone with 20-40 psychic dice shutting down virtually all of the enemy's spells, but I suspect that problem is going to be a lot harder to solve.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the option of rolling all my psychic powers and keeping them for the event, as I am working on a demon army.  I wouldn't ask everyone to do that - like the marine player with 1 librarian who wants to pick and choose his powers each game - vs rolling 432 times a game for a demon army.  It would be a nice option.