Armies in 7th Blogthrough

CaptainA

So I wanted a place to catalogue how different builds do for armies in 7th. There is a lot of theorying going on about what is "good" and what is "bad" and i want to have  place at least for me to form some thoughts on the armies I can take and what they can do.

Here is a list of the kinds of lists I can take with the models I have:

40k Armies                                         

Chaos Daemons

Slaanesh             

Flying Circus      

Tzeentch Summoning

Blood Angels    

Parking Lot         

Mixed Group    

Chaos Space Marines    

Blastmasters (Slaanesh ignores cover list)     

Mixed Group    

Eldar     

Mechanized      

Foot      

Grey Knights     

Purifier                               

Imperial Knight                                

Necrons              

Wraithwing        

ScarabSwarm    

Space Marines 

White Scars       

Drop Pod            

Rhino Rush

Tyranids              

Skyblight             

Mixed MC List     

I just want a place I can post my thoughts on the games I play with my armies and see what clicks and works. Feel free to post your own thoughts on your armies and your experiences in 7th as well.

• Like 1

Chaos Daemons Slaanesh List

So I basically took my OFCC list from last year with less stuff at 1500. Keeper ML3, Fiends, Seekers, Daemonettes, Soul Grinders, all Slaanesh. Against Tac heavy Space Marines.

Thoughts:

In 6th, I could really count on my psychic powers. I went Telepathy heavy, hoping for Shrouding or Invisibility, but got Maledictions instead. He used Tiggy's Psychic Hood and the Chapter Masters Adamantium Will to deny a ton of my stuff. Conversly he had Endurance (boss power by the way) which was incredibly hard for me to counter in any way. I felt like it was go big or go home with psychic powers. Blessings would seem to be much better than the other powers right now. We also played the maelstrom missions which were fun but cumbersome. Need the cards to make them flow better.

The terrain situation was also weird. The trees were so simple to use as area terrain, but now need to be full in order to do anything useful, or call them all Copses from the BRB. The lack of cover was tough for my army as they need a lot of it to stay alive.

The terrain situation was also weird. The trees were so simple to use as area terrain, but now need to be full in order to do anything useful, or call them all Copses from the BRB. The lack of cover was tough for my army as they need a lot of it to stay alive.

GW is giving people leeway on making their own terrain and terrain datasheets.  I plan on running all my alien jungle terrain exactly as the Copses.  I anticipate most people will as well.  

As far as maelstrom missions and cards.  I just have a slip of paper and write them down.  Works fine.

As to Keeper.  I'm thinking going all in on ML3 and Slaanesh powers.  You get all 4 now and beams are way better now so the lash is awesome.  The other powers are nice too as maledictions go.  

Also, with the change to psychic powers, I'd consider getting any heralds you have in on the action.  Previously, at Ld8, they weren't worth it, now the Ld only matters when doing perils.  Also, you can cast a witchfire (or any power) and still run, so your heralds could be dishing out "shooting" while advancing.  Seems useful.  

Grey Knights Purifiers

I was excited about trying out my Purifier army, my Ghost Knights. They were a painting project mostly and I played them a few times in 6th. With how the rules worked and their new power changes I am eager to attempt them in 7th.

List is basically Crowe in a Stormraven, 2 X10 Purifiers in Rhinos, 2 TLAC Dreads, Dreadknight with Teleport, Sword, and Flamer, Termie Squad.

I was generating around 12-14 Warp Charges a turn without the extra die roll. The Sanctuary powers from the Stormraven, Rhino's and Dreads were great to buff the Dreadknight and Termies. Cleansing Flame worked well against my buddies guardsmen. We played Crusade and all the Objective secured things really shook things up. I liked the list as a whole and think it will be fun to play

As far as maelstrom missions and cards.  I just have a slip of paper and write them down.  Works fine.

As to Keeper.  I'm thinking going all in on ML3 and Slaanesh powers.  You get all 4 now and beams are way better now so the lash is awesome.  The other powers are nice too as maledictions go.  

Also, with the change to psychic powers, I'd consider getting any heralds you have in on the action.  Previously, at Ld8, they weren't worth it, now the Ld only matters when doing perils.  Also, you can cast a witchfire (or any power) and still run, so your heralds could be dishing out "shooting" while advancing.  Seems useful.  

I was writing them down, it was just cumbersome to look them up and keep track of it. I'm sure it would get better over time, but I didn't enjoy it.

My problem with the keeper and any psychic shooting or maledictions was that for the most part he was denying on a 4+ or 5+. Sure they were great powers but it was much easier for him to block me than for me to block him. He had blessings and I had Maledictions and shooting.

I loved my Heralds even in 6th but at 1500 there was no points for them. I'm planning on doing Belakor as I am guaranteed his powers of Shrouding and Invisibility.

My problem with the keeper and any psychic shooting or maledictions was that for the most part he was denying on a 4+ or 5+. Sure they were great powers but it was much easier for him to block me than for me to block him. He had blessings and I had Maledictions and shooting.

Yeah, I can see that.  Tigurius is obnoxious almost solely because he is ML3 and has a hood.  

Yeah, I can see that.  Tigurius is obnoxious almost solely because he is ML3 and has a hood.  

Yeah, it was super annoying. I'm just thinking that as a whole, blessings will be more useful than shooting and maledictions as they will most likely be easier to stop by other armies.

I think there's a bunch of mind games you can play on that. He has to have dice left over to deny them. It's kinda like fishing for counters in MTG. Get them to waste them on the stuff that doesn't matter and then hit them with something the won't be able to DTW on.

I think there's a bunch of mind games you can play on that. He has to have dice left over to deny them. It's kinda like fishing for counters in MTG. Get them to waste them on the stuff that doesn't matter and then hit them with something the won't be able to DTW on.

Oh yeah, we were both doing that kind of thing, just that I tried every time to block endurance and failed. He blocked a lot of my powers or when I got it off, had little effect Pinning on his biker squad! Yay!