Problem with the Paint?

ShadowFortress

19 hours ago, ShadowFortress said:

Like what type of plastic? I don't wash them first, I'll try that next time, thanks! The primer I used was army painter I believe. So whatever the starter primer is for that.

You mentioned where paint touches, if they're rubbing together I would think paint could rub off.

However, I use different primer myself. The Duplicolor sandable primer has always been my personal preference (white or grey). 

Second, as mentioned some plastics get a bonus if you rinse them and I use an old toothbrush under cold water (however, rarely required for purchased minis). It can vary though, never a bad idea. Also, 3d printed PLA is a different material too.

Third, if you overspray and end up with too much paint, this will not bond well. Two light coats are always better than trying to get it on the first spray.

Lastly, if you spray too close to the model, the propellant cannot evaporate and you end up with propellant stuck in the model and that does not bond at all. You should be spraying light coats side to side, about 8" from the model surface. Also make sure to shake the paint can for a full minute before starting, and shake 5 seconds for every 15-20 seconds of spray (this is overkill, but important to keep it mixed).

• Like 1