Terrain

ShadowFortress

Well, I would look into finding some STL files for buildings.... And then contact our very own Scotty's 3D Printworks and he can make however many copies you want for a great price. Seriously. I'm sure you could find free STLs that will do what you need.

Also, thick carpet (typically brown or green) works great as crop fields. Cut them into a square shape and blop them down.

I've also recently seen some nice trees done with 3d printing, so again the Printworks path could do well for you.

• Like 1

I was a big time 3rd edition player, mid war mostly, tournaments, etc. 4th edition was not a big hit with me. I do have 4th ed books and rules....but it sort of took the wind out of my sails for playing. I still love FoW and after getting into Team Yankee a bit (which is very much like 4th) I could probably hop back in it again. Just hard for me to find time. But I am local to Portland.

The 3rd edition lists had more options and flexibility. The 4th ed ones are more simplified, in my opinion. I think they were trying to make the game more accessible to people by limiting options so people didn't get lost in choice....but after giving us amazing choices in 3rd edition, it felt like a huge step backwards. When you own armies and suddenly they aren't viable anymore, or in some case, even exist....not so much fun.

But, if you are just coming into it, then I think 4th is fine. Any models you find for 4th will work in 3rd. Many 3rd ed units didn't make it into 4th though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...