Double FOC vs Multiple same faction CADs

Just noting the differences for those of us that learned 6th rules before learning 7th. I've got just the one, but hopefully, for the sake of learning, others can add the other differences.

-Double FOC is considered part of the same "detachment" while multiple CADs are considered separate detachment. The big change here is how it applies to special character which modify a detachment's FOC slots. In example Coteaz making INQ into troops would apply to both FOC in a double FOC of 6th, but in 7th, I *believe* it only applies to the detachment that coteaz is included in.

Double FOC was actually two detachments in 6th as well. They were both considered "primary detachments", but they were distinct detachments.

I recall arguments that coteaz, in example, could take 12x inq henchmen units with a double FOC. In the present detachment rules, I don't think his presence affects the second CAD. Might have worded it wrong.

Also, I'm positive that both were not considered primary. The Warlord specifically had to come from the primary, and that couldn't be the second FOC.

Saddly Corteaz only makes troops no in grey knights not Inq. anymore.

Needs clarity...Page/FAQ reference?

I checked it right before I posted that. There are bits like "your warlord may be chosen from either of your primary detachments."

FOC swaps like Coteaz depended on how they were worded and whether or not they got Errataed. If they said "in the Army", then they work for all detachments. If they say "In the same Detachment", then they just work in that one detachment.

• Like 1

It was in the update to ebook ed Inq. codex He no long has lord of Formrea(spelling?)

I recall his ability in that "book" makes the INQ into scoring, but not into troops. So, it does not change anything in the present edition. The GK one made them troops.

That INQ book is obsolete now too, given that the GK are now BBs to armies of the imperium, and the unlimited use of allied/combine arms detachments. You do lose those few relics, the warlord traits, and that horrible re-wording on the mindstrike missiles which made them useless...

I recall his ability in that "book" makes the INQ into scoring, but not into troops. So, it does not change anything in the present edition. The GK one made them troops.

That INQ book is obsolete now too, given that the GK are now BBs to armies of the imperium, and the unlimited use of allied/combine arms detachments. You do lose those few relics, the warlord traits, and that horrible re-wording on the mindstrike missiles which made them useless...

Not really obsolete in GK codex Henchmen are elite unless you take Cortez tax,but in codex I can have 3 units of henchmen without getting Cortez. Plus I can take just 1-2 Inq's if i like

Plus a flyer as a dedicated transport.

• Like 1

lol plus for just 385 pts you can add 36 lvl 1 psykers to any IoM army lol

I think you've got it wrong. The psykers in the henchmen units are brotherhood psykers, so no matter how many you add, they are still just one psyker per unit. Not sure if this was FAQed otherwise, though.

Your still limited on slots, even with coteaz, and a second CAD doesn't include his swap of the elites for troops, as I read it.

hmm rereading you may be right about it. before when they just knew 1 power was easy to understand. Nows a bit more Odd does each psyker gen. their own powers. So you could end up with a unit that know all the powers but is lvl 1. if they don't then it makes any sense to take more then one cause it does nothing for you.