1st world problem

Pretty soon I am going to have an entire weekend with nothing to do but devote myself to hobby time. I know right? However, the problem is....what do I devote my time to? Should I paint? I have tons to paint, anything from 40k to bolt action to warmaster. Should I assemble? No shortage of stuff to assemble either. If I paint, I'll need to prep a bit first, get all the priming done ahead of time and such like that. But that means picking exactly what I'm going to paint sooner rather than later. Also a bit weather dependent. 

So to help narrow it down, here are a few ideas off the top of my head:

Paint my tyranid force from the box set. These are all assembled already. I can prime them white, and then go to town with the contrast colors. I can probably get the base colors for the whole set finished and then maybe start on some detail work. Color-scheme has already been decided. Of course remembering it is another thing entirely.

Start building my Legion Imperialis models. I actually pulled those out yesterday and just started swearing immediately. Holy **** those things are small with a ton of bits. I mean I've built epic stuff before and it was no-where near this intricate. So a little worried about it...but, if I build the stuff, then I can play with it.

I could also work on one of my bolt action armies. Most of them are built, just need paint. And I actually play bolt action more than any other game.

Lastly, I could bring some Team Yankee to build. I got a few box sets to build up my Polish force, but haven't touched it in a long time. Those models are fantastic, and while small, bigger than LI and go together very well.

I'll also admit that building is a bit of a chore, but it is also very satisfying to see the finished models at the end. Painting is nice, but I never quite feel like it is finished. But I have to be practical and stop at "good enough".

Thoughts?

Weather is going to be good the next few days... priming is top on my list for getting lots of stuff primed... without resorting to airbrush priming.

After that - I have no clue what YOU should do. But I plan on shop maintenance through the weekend myself - then try to figure out what "Old-Hammer" game to prep for - I am trying to have 2 forces for Epic and BFG painted and ready by mid summer. I need to work out a second army for Epic and possibly a 3rd for variety to paint. For BFG I have a painted Eldar fleet - but it would be nice to paint up the Imperial, Ork or Nid fleet.

Other than that... I need to build, paint my DAK for bolt Action lol - although with a new Bolt Action edition coming in the fall - that may be moved to a back burner.

• Like 1