Doctor Who Season 8

Older than ever? Have you seen William Hartnell? ;)

I'm talking about the "new" doctor who series, not the old one. Though, yeah, the old series has much older actors.

I do think this current one acts very old.

I liked the Dalek episode. I think he is older in the sense of realizing no matter how hard he tries that things do not turn out for the best and he has seen a lot of that now and it happens in this episode as well as a hint back to the Eccleston Dalek episode in the hate he has for them.

Eccleston is the doctor fresh from the time war (and there is a lot of official cannon with Paul McGann in novels and radio dramas) still thinking he exterminated his own race. He is bitter and grim and is quite ready to commit xenocide again so he feels older in the seen too many bad things sense which the doctor eases out of in the next incarnations but ending his supposedly last on Trenzelor (or however you spell that), there are hints in the movie with Paul McGann that the doctor is a bit more than a Time Lord which may be the deal of why he was able to regenerate again with help from whoever is on the other side of the rift.

• Like 1

Its the same series peoples!  You cant ignore the John Pertwee era which this strikes me as a possible return to that greater level of sobriety.

I understand it's the same plot, but there is a dramatic difference between the old series and the new one. A very different show. Like comparing the star wars trilogy and the old one...

No just prodfuction value.  hell half the same writers are still at it.

I believe you. I disagree that they are the same show, it just changed too much. Thinking of it as a sequel show is more accurate, I think, even if officially they are the same show.