2k Ravenguard!?!? FOR REAL THIS TIME!? (MAYBE?!)

fluger

Ok, so the article on Frontline Gaming really sparked my imagination.  

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2014/09/20/meet-my-homeboy-lias-issodon/

Essentially, there's rules on FW for the Raptors Chapter Master and the Raptors Chapter Tactics.  The Raptors' progenitors are the Ravenguard and their rules are similar as well as their fighting style.  I could easily feel comfortable using Raptor CT while playing models painted as and representing Ravenguard.  

Click the link to read up on how he works and all the special rules he brings to the table (you can also go deeper by clicking on the linked FW pages to see the actual rules), but suffice to say he comes stock with the Strategic Trait (from the book) that allows him and 3 other infantry units to infiltrate!  YAY!

Here's the list I bashed together with that in mind:

Lias Issodon: 175

9 Honour Guard: 275
  6 Power Mauls, 2 Power Axes, Thunder Hammer,
  Chapter Banner

10 Scouts: 125
  Bolters
  Sarge: Combi-melta, Meltabombs

Bolters

Bolters

Bolters

Bolters

Bolters

Stormtalon: 125
  Skyhammer ML

Skyhammer ML

Skyhammer ML

10 Devastators: 180
  4 Multimeltas

10 Devastators: 180
  4 Multimeltas

Whirlwind: 65

2000 pts

Whirlwind is just there because I had 65 pts left. I couldn’t think of anything more productive for the points (which is saying a lot, because whirlwinds are poo).

I like that I would null deploy and then put down 90 models as infiltrators and then scout move them. Lots of rending bolter shots can work wonders on a variety of targets. Should be one rend each from the 6 scout squads. So, I could drop a wraithknight with scout shooting!?!?!? LOL.

The Honor Guard is a beatstick unit that will mess up most things in melee, but thanks to rending on their bolters and shrouding, they can just sit and put a few pot shots into things and not fret too much!

The Devastators being up close and personal is hilarious as well, since the bolters rend, they can actually DO something lots of targets so the shots aren’t even wasted!

• Like 3