Raising my first Undead Legion

Don't entomb your necro knights. They can't charge on the turn they appear, so the earliest they will see combat is turn three. It used to be a risky but at least arguable strategy in the old days. But now the knights move 14". Entombing is not worth it

Ahh ok..I was thinking they had that gaze thing they could shoot off when appearing but I see that's the Stalkers.

• 2 weeks later...

After finishing reading the Nagash Book I`ve decided that I do in fact want to take this army build in the direction that would include him.I`ve been playing the Super Heavies in 40k since last Christmas when Escalation came out and really do enjoy fielding the huge models even though in most cases they aren't really all that competitive,and I don't see Nagash being over the top either.But its always a good time for opponents too as they are often hesitant to fight one but are thrilled when they see that the big machines just fall all the harder:).

Also with the new happenings in the fantasy universe I don't see a way to field Tomb Kings as anything but an Undead Legion force with Settra being knocked out for the time being.

So now my unit choices will be looking toward ultimately being a solid support force for when the big guy appears on the field...

So far im liking the Skeleton Bunker and I think its time for me to get a Tomb Herald in there.

Ill be adding at least one Skull Cata soon as well ..Thnx again Gamer Geek!

The Spirit Hosts are going to be my main Chaffing units I think as the Dire wolves die out to enemy shooting too easily,though I will consider them for summoning of course.

Still working with the Hexwraiths and I think im going to at least use 5 in the base list.

Varghiests are keepers along with the 3 Chariots,both units are fairly cheap and always draw attention.

I like the Corps Cart a lot.Very useful and has good threat too.

As for new additons I would like to get an animated construct into the mix,Warsphinx or something along those lines.I know they are spendy for the points but it should be an attention getter especially if I use the flying one.I have a Mortis Engine/Coven throne to build as well but im thinking that's not gonna see action until I get up to 2 k points.Casket of Souls would be nice too but im not sure how well it would work out in a Nagash list.Finally I would like to get some better more elite troops on the board to stay in the area of the Bunker..maybe Grave Guard or something...or I could build up the last two  boxes of Black Knights and throw a Vampire hero in with them for a nasty linebreaker to run out front.

Tons of building and painting to do AND I have my cork pin up board for a display base to get going on :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be trying out a Liche Priest for this weeks 1350 pts game,I will be reducing the Mastermancer to a Heromancer and adding in the Liche Priest..I know its gonna make casting a bit harder but ill also get a second channel at least.

Also going to add in a Tomb Banshee to the block to maybe take some non magic challenges and scream now and then.

• 1 month later...

Got a game in over the weekend with my Oldest boy,he played my OnGs and didn't do too bad at all.I used the summoning list I was going to run at the Rampage and we ended up with a draw with UL scoring 1175 pts to the OnGs 750.Problem is now he thinks summoning is too OP`d so its gonna be a while before I get him to stand at the game table for fantasy,heh.

Anyhow im finishing up collecting up the last few models for the 2500 point Nagash build,the last model im looking to do in the starting army is a Hierotitan.Ive decided to run one with the new magic rules seeming to take hold as I think it will be a must take,plus with the Titan and a Terrorghiest plopped down in front of Nagash at game start that should all but remove the possibility of him getting shot off the board turn one.

Im still working on reinforcing my summoning options.As it stands now I have a block of 15 Black Knights,Im going this route for my heavy cav as I really think they would be more effective than Blood Knights when it comes to summoning.Now I know that the BLood knights are all the rage for VC but they still only have one wound each and with BK`s I can still take a magic standard.

Next stop will be getting leg and torso parts to complete up another 3 Crypt Horrors.Then ill probably get a Warsphinx kit and use the Necrosphinx parts to do a Hierotitan and get the bits to finish the warsphinx using that as one of my few high dice summoning options( the others being a Skull Catapult and a Mortis Engine.

Also picked up a batch of 25 crypt ghouls.

For summoning now I have 5 Hexwraiths,3 spirit hosts(probably get another box of these though) 10 Direwolves,3 Varghiests and a selection of various HQ choices so I figure with the above rounded out and all this I should be ready to throw down at 2500 and at least give somewhat of a challenging game to the meta:)

Got my first WHFB game at 2500 points in and had a great time with it:)

Played an Ogre army with my mishmash of OnGs I scrapped together and used Lore of Undead on a lvl 4 NG Shaman and also on a lvl 2 NG Shaman,Got some pretty crappy rolls on summoning coupled with me forgetting about the Mushroom die the whole game led to a disappointing 2 summonings getting off.However the 2 units I did summon,a Spirit Host and 10 Skllie warriors did manage to tarpit his caster and a block of big guys for a few turns.

Also my opponent did bring up an interesting question regarding summoned models crumbling due to no general from the appropriate army being present and though we did find some clarification on this,after reading the Lore of Undead spell descriptions they state that the summoned units are from the Undead Legions army list and therefore fall under those army rules and thus no crumbling happens.

Im really starting to like the Lore of Undead even though its certainly most powerfull in a Nagash army build I think it can still have a place in my OnG army perhaps trying different things like NG shaman spam and such.

I think theres a lot more to explore with the lore and I plan to run more OnG lists as well as straight(Non Nagash) UL lists:)

Sure wish there was a supplier of goblin skeleton minis out there!

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I wont know until March or so if I can commit to OFCC this year I figured I would check into what kind of UL list I would run if for some odd reason I actually get to go and manage to get on a team.

Pretty stoked to see that Nagash is being considered so I wipped up what I figured to be a Swedish comp score of 9.5

Nagash w/LoU -170

41x Zombies -4

23 Crypt ghouls -4

18 Skeleton Archers -5

18 Skeleton Archers -5

10 Skeleton Horsemen -3

6 Ushabti -7

Black Coach -5

Necrolith Colossus -2

Should be a total of -205

It looks to me that it would be fun to play but with a score like that would be tough to find a team im sure.

Rncjack to get on a team they look at one's character not one's skill for a team. I would put together a list and learn the ins and outs of it to increase your speed but otherwise you are a great uy and should ave no problems getting on a team.

Might want to work on that Comp score a little. I am running DE and know that an be hard, but ive it a shot.

(Seriously though, this event is made for players like you. Give yourself some more credit there my friend.)

• Like 1

Rncjack to get on a team they look at one's character not one's skill for a team. I would put together a list and learn the ins and outs of it to increase your speed but otherwise you are a great uy and should ave no problems getting on a team.

Might want to work on that Comp score a little. I am running DE and know that an be hard, but ive it a shot.

(Seriously though, this event is made for players like you. Give yourself some more credit there my friend.)

Thanx for the confidence boost:)

I was also thinking that since the team as a whole needs to at least be a comp of 50 that if one is under the average then the others need to change lists to bring it up.But now that the value of Nagash is actually set at 140 including his LoU allowance I would be at a 12.5 being directly on par.

Even if I cant make the event ill get this or something along these lines wipped up so you guys can get some test games in on it:)

Also since I see that the Squig Gobba has a pretty sexy comp value and would soooo fit in with my Goblin shooty/summoning goofballery list I may opt to play them instead,should I get to attend of course.