Starting Sisters, seeking tips & list help

PourSpelur

So I've decided Sisters will be my next 2k army. I love converting, painting and playing but I'm horrible at list building (not great at the other parts either but I enjoy em). Here's the dilemma. The general list I'm thinking about has Forge World in it so I need to have a "standard" version as well. Here's the basic idea.

Sisters of Battle, 2000 points

Bastion w/hvy bolters

Retributors w/hvy bolters

Uriah Jackobs

Dominions in a Repressor

Dominions in a Repressor

Avenger Strike Fighter

Avenger Strike Fighter

The rest of the points go to Troops in Repressors

For non-FW I switch all the Repressors into Immolators and the Avengers into Exorcists.

My questions: These sound solid? Most everything will be converted/scratch built/alternative models so I'm trying to keep everything simple and easily identified. That's the motivation behind the Spammyness ;)

How should I equip my girls? I was thinking to double up on matched special weapons in the squad and giving their ride the oppisite gun. For example: Five Sisters with 2 melta in a hvy flamer Repressor, five sisters with 2 flamers in a multi-melta Repressor, etc.

Keep the boltgun/bolt pistol combo? Swap out for bolt pistol/ ccw?

Even ratio between melta and flamer squads?

Basically, I have the look decided. Other than that I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Hopefully you aren't buying the metal ones?

Sister's biggest weakness is their lack of current GW models. The metal ones are spendy, hard to convert, and lack pose options.

Oh, unlike marines, sisters can take the heavy flamer/melta gun squads which are very viable. You don't need to split up your melta flamer ratios.

I will note that I saw a full Exorcist in the GG bits bin a few weeks back. Wasn't painted. Might still be there, I think their ask price was a bit high, but I don't play sisters and you can often haggle with GG's bits.

I would definitely favor Meltaguns over Flamers; having some Flamers is nice, but you'll always have Bolters (and other weapons) to take out basic infantry, whereas you need Meltaguns for specialized targets.

I would keep the Bolters; BP/CCW doesn't really serve much purpose. SoB aren't a melee army, generally speaking.

Avengers probably want to be kitted with Autocannons, maybe Multilasers if you think you have enough AT.

I would try and fit in at least one Exorcist even in your FW list; they're kinda really good. To be honest they're better than Avengers, but having some diversity is nice.

Uriah is just hanging with the Retributors and letting them get off a couple turns of Rending in a row, I guess? Seems like a bit of waste, but not much better for an HQ. Make sure you slap the Ammo Stores and maybe Void Shield upgrades on. (Escape Hatch could also be an option for a second choice.)

AbusePuppy's got a lot of my comments covered, probably because we've done this one to death. :)

I would ditch the Avengers for Exos unless you're really enamored with them. Exos are just that good. Seconded on the Void shield and ammo stores/dump.

For equipment, I usually go:

Dominions: 4 Melta in a Repressor (remember you can fire 4 out the hatch). Simulacrum if I have points. Laud Hailer on 1/2 of the repressors if I have points.
Troops: Melta/Heavy Flamer or Melta/Melta, if I have points. Otherwise Melta/Flamer or even just MM. Melta/HF in a Repressor is just nasty.

Also, repressors can't take MM.

Anyway, standard 'mech' list for me would be:

Uriah

Troop with Melta/HF in Repressor (repeat to fill points)

Dominions with 4 Melta in Repressor, Simulacrum and Laud

Dominions with 4 Melta in Repressor, Simulacrum

Dominions with 4 Melta in Repressor, Simulacrum

Heavy Bolter Rets in Bastion with Ammo Dump and Void

Exorcist

Exorcist

Although at 2k, I'm thinking you might be able to go dual CAD or ally with self. Something like:

Uriah

Troop with Melta/HF in Repressor

Exorcist

Exorcist

Bastion Rets

Canoness

Avenger

Avenger

Thanks for the quick replies.

Pax: I won't be using the GeeDub models. I have a thread about what I'm looking into here:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/23100-sisters-of-the-bottle-paint-tester/

The heads up about the Excorcist was appreciated though!

Hanaur, Pretre and AP: I will certainly be picking your brains in the near future. How near? Right now!

So at 2k, set up basically just how Pretre suggested (dropping the Avengers for now) how many bodies and rhino chassis am I looking at? I ask because I want to order all the bodies at once to bundle the shipping. You guys think five boxes of ten should cover it?

Oh I think I figured out the heads too! I found an ebay seller with bags of flat backed skulls, 20 for $5. Perfect size for Dia de los Muertos style masks, painted up like sugar skull of course;)

Sculpt the back of the head with suitably large mohawks, pony tails, afro puffs, and any other over-the-top hairstyles and boom! High tech, punk rock, nuns with guns.