2x Inferno Pistol

Drop Pod

• Like 1

Bloodstone!
I can't take it!
You got me living
On a

Bloodstone!

Sorry. Anyhow. Isn't the Angel's Wing itself a Jump Pack, so you wouldn't need to buy a regular JP for the Priest?

For fun I could see this working, but with only two real Units and no answer to things like Flyers or an AdLance, you've got some pretty major gaps as a competitive list.

Well, if that's your goal, you're going to need to be able to deal with other competitive tournament lists. How would it deal with all of the following:

-Space Marine bikers (alone, with a Knight, with IG, with SW)? Expect to see 10+ Grav Guns in the army, plus other low-AP weapons.

-Eldar with Wave Serpents (probably with allies of some kind)? 4-6 Serpents is pretty standard, plus some melee support to help out. 60+ shots S6 or higher each turn is a very reasonable expectation.

-Tau shooting lists. Broadsides, Riptides, and Crisis, all but the latter with Interceptor, and good Markerlight support with the potential for allies. Can easily put out 100+ high-strength shots per turn.

-Necron AV13 wall. Two Command Barges (one of them with the new "reroll 1s on saves" gear), three Annihilation Barges, Ghost Arks and/or Night Scythes for troops. Pretty much completely immune to most firepower.

-Imperial Knights. Either alone with five Errants or using Adamantine Lance + something else. Low-AP shooting, Str D melee attacks, and Stomp are all powerful tools for removing infantry and only a very small handful of weapons in the game have any chance of hurting them.

-Tyranid FMCs. 3-4 Flyrants and/or a Barbed Heirodule, Malanthropes to give 2+ cover saves to everything, lots of minimized troops. Also often brings Mucolid Spores for S8 AP3 pie plates that need to be dealt with.

If any of those lists are an auto-lose situation for your army, I think it needs to go back to the drawing board because they are all things you can expect to see at most big tournaments, and typically piloted by some pretty good players. So, looking at the army: how, generally speaking, are you going to deal with each of these, presuming neither you nor your opponent rolls insanely well or poorly? What sort of tools does your army bring to defeat them? What advantages in these (or other) matchups would lead you to pick this army over alternatives?

It's definitely lacking anti air but I think it could handle Knights with all the melta weapons and power fists.

So I can save some points by dropping DC down to ten and SG down to five plus drop Lemartes. That's a good chunk of points - maybe a pair of Stormravens for anti air or possibly an ally ?

BloodStone version 1.1

Here is the first revision of the army list based on feedback here. I'll be using the special detachment from the codex for +1 initiative on the charge.

Dante (220) LoW

Sanguinary Priest (120) HQ

Angel's Wing - Valour's Edge

Librarian (115) HQ

Level 2

Jump Pack

Gallian's Stave

10x Death Company (310) Elite

Jump Packs

2x Power Fist

2x Inferno Pistol

13x Bolter

6x Sanguinary Guard (298)

Death Masks (6)

2x Power Fist (20)

3x Axe

2x Inferno Pistol (20)

Chapter Banner (25)

5x Tactical Marine (145)

Heavy Flamer

2x Inferno Pistol

Drop Pod

5x Tactical Marine (145)

Heavy Flamer

2x Inferno Pistol

Drop Pod

Total points come out at 1353.

Probably will take Necrons as an ally for some anti air.

It's definitely lacking anti air but I think it could handle Knights with all the melta weapons and power fists.

I'm somewhat skeptical of that- keep in mind, you've got seven Melta weapons total. Say five of them hit, four penetrate, and one is blocked by the Ion Shield. (We'll assume you're smart and split to two different sides so that you can avoid some of it.) That should kill the Knight, certainly... but then there are still four more of them., and in close combat Knights will destroy you. A Power Fist, when not charging, is really not all that scary to a Knight- you're hitting on 4s, glancing on 5s, and it always gets to swing first and put Stomps in at the same time as your Fist. If two Knights each charge your two units, you are in very real danger of losing all of your models by the end of combat on your turn.

So I can save some points by dropping DC down to ten and SG down to five plus drop Lemartes. That's a good chunk of points - maybe a pair of Stormravens for anti air or possibly an ally ?

I don't think Stormravens (or anti-air) are necessarily what you want to be looking for here. I think first the question you want to ask is "what is the aim of my list?" and work outwards from there. Sanguinary Guard and Death Company are both decent units thanks to the changes to them, but I'm not sure how well-suited they are to being deathstars- rather, I would try to max out on the sheer numbers of them and run a highly-aggressive list to try and take advantage of the +1 Init bonus.

The revised list looks like it could do a few things well. It looks like it would be fun on the table in certain situations. And at under 1400 points you have some room to fill out the list so it balances a bit better.

It has some mobility with jp's and pods.

And

It has tools to deal with heavy infantry and MEQ (Dante, fists, +1 I, and melta)

With objective placement and some luck with who goes first you could attempt to clump your opponent together, and try to close with them before they have a chance to unload on your infantry.

The above posts on some issues you might have are true. As with all lists though, if played well they can do ok. Crons sound like a good addition :)

Good luck.