Necron Harvester list

Lord Hanaur

I turned my attention to trying some ideas out.  Although I will own quite a few Necron Monoliths, that's more for funsies.  

As I slowly get used to the new book (and indeed a new army), below is an interesting themed concept that takes many of the ideas I've had for a long time and brings them to life.  This was sort of the list I used when I first play tested the previous codex.  So this is kind of an updated version.  I actually will own all these models.

Any improvements you'd make?

Canoptek Harvest (Move through Cover, Relentless, PLUS 12" bubble of:  Fleet or Reanimation Protocols OR Shred)

70pts   1 Canoptek Spyder (Gloom Prism, TL Particle Beamer)

298pts 6 Canoptek Wraiths (5 Whip Coils = +3 INIT, 4 Transdimensional Beamrs)

160pts 8 Canoptek Scarabs (Fearless Swarm, automatically wounds/Glances on a 6)

548 points

Canoptek Harvest (Move through Cover, Relentless PLUS 12" bubble of:  Fleet or Reanimation Protocols OR Shred)

70pts   1 Canoptek Spyder (Gloom Prism, TL Particle Beamer)

298pts 6 Canoptek Wraiths (Whip Coils = +3 INIT, 4 Transdimensional Beamers)

548 Points

Combined Arms Detachment:

150pts  Nemesor Zahndrekh (Staff of Light, Phase Shifter, Adaptive Tactics = Can change Warlord Trait from 2nd turn onward.  Counter Tactics = 24" range ability.  Allows his unit to mimic one of that units Universal Special Rules!  Things like furious Charge and Counter Attack etc...)

140pts 2 Canoptek Spyders (Gloom Prism, TL Particle Beamer)

140pts 2 Canoptek Spyders (Gloom Prism, TL Particle Beamer)

170pts Doomsday Ark (24" STR 8 AP3 Blast…OR if Stationary, 72" STR 10 AP 1 Large Blast)

85pts   5 Immortals

85pts   5 Immortals

1996 TOTAL

Gloom Prism:  12" radius, Adamantium Will

Particle Beamer"  24" Range STR 6 AP 5 Heavy 1 Blast

Transdimensional Beamer:  12" STR 4 AP 2 and 6's to wound are Instant Death and Automatic Penetrations!

Staff of Light:  12" STR 5 AP 3 Assault 3

Phase Shifter: 4+ Invul

Is this a necron Dec detachment ( the harvests?) with a CAD? I don't have the book and am going on snipets, but if it is a Dec you'd need a 'core' unit?

Otherwise it looks interesting :) speed for maelstrom, tarpits for tying down hammer units, fire power to deal with both heavy and light infantry, and the ability to 'make' new units (if spiders still can).

Would be a cool theme on the table.

Is this a necron Dec detachment ( the harvests?) with a CAD? I don't have the book and am going on snipets, but if it is a Dec you'd need a 'core' unit?

Otherwise it looks interesting :) speed for maelstrom, tarpits for tying down hammer units, fire power to deal with both heavy and light infantry, and the ability to 'make' new units (if spiders still can).

Would be a cool theme on the table.

It is not a Decurion Detachment.  So since it is not, each Formation does not gain the Decurion Command Benefit.  It only receives its own Formation benefit, if any.

A Decurion Detachment that includes a Reclamation Legion gets both the Formation benefit AND the Decurion Benefits.

I don't own Tomb Blades so I am going without the Decurion Detachment.

And yes spiders can still add to existing Scarab units.  Same rules as before.

List edit'd