Ork thoughts for OFCC

Threejacks

I am officially on Team BFG and attending my first OFCC,wewt!

Anyhoo,,I think im most prepared with my Orks than my Wolves and AM so im considering builds now and wanted to see first off if taking a Stompa is acceptable.

Im actually considering a CAD that is the antithesis of what is considered a good Ork list...thus being a "Toys before Boys" kinda build,hehe.

I would add in Grukk`s Rippin Krew as him and Gofftown are what im building my theme around.

Basically it would be this

CAD(or unbound for more hvy slots)

Big Mek with KFF and da fixer uppers,Warlord

2 x 15 strong units of Gretchen

3 Meks with RL and one oiler each

Stompa

Gorkanaught

Deffdread

2 Kans

2 Trackor kannon

Formation;Grukk`s Rippin Krew

Grukk Face rippa

Skrak`s Skull-Nobz

Rustgobs Runts

Krumpa`s Killa Kanz

If the Stompa is frowned on then ill probably just build a Dread mob and stick with my theme of Toys first!

• Like 2

Ordered kits to fill out my Dread Mob formation(from Waaagh Ghaz)

Not gonna go with the Stompa,one reason being is its painted as more a Blood Axe Stompa and im switching to Goffs for my theme and I really don't want to redo my Stompa`s paint job,heh.

The other reason is im itchin to run an army with 17 walkers!

oh ..and a few grots

List will pretty much be;

Grukks Rippin Krew -Primary w/Grukk as Warlord...yeah im giving up Slay the Warlord pretty much every game but what the heck,its Orks!

Dread Mob w/minimum models

CAD

Big Mek w/SAG

2x10 Grots

Mek Gun Traktor Kannon

I should be able to play my turns fast with this army,lol

• Like 1

OK,this is what im building for now,im at about 65% painted and 75% built on this stuff right now.

My NAUT! competitive list:)

Formation from Stormclaw-

Grukks Rippin Krew 525 pts

Grukk Face Rippa-Warlord,Warboss Kombi RL,Eavy,Attack Squig

FNP/"Git-rippa" PK w/shred,Trait Bellowing Tyrant.

Rustgobs Runts -10 Gretchin w/Rustgob as herder w/grabba stikk and Squig Hound

Skrak`s Skull-Nobz 5 Nobs w/3 bp/KombiSkorcha/Ammo Runt/2x PK/Eavy

Skrak has Hammer of wrath.

Krumpa`s Killa Kanz Krumpa is a character w/grotzooka and counts as a Deff Dread for the "Cowardly Grots"Special rule.

2 Kans w/Big shoota and RL

Formation Specials-

Tellyport Attack- All units in the formation have the deep strike special rule and if placed in reserve,arrive during the Ork players first turn.

Dreadmob formation from Waaagh Ghazkull-1278 points

Big Mek w/ammo runt (Big Mek Mogrok,Pilots the Morkanaut)

Painboy

Gorkanaut

Morkanaut

Deff Dread w/skorcha

Deff Dread w/Skorcha

Deff Dread

3 Killa Kanz w/3 RL

3 Killa Kanz w/3 Grotzooka

3 Killa Kanz w/3 Big Shootas

Ork CAD - 194 pts

Big Mek w/SAG

10 Gretchin w/Runtherd

10 Gretchin w/Runtherd

Mek Gun Traktor Kannon w/2 extra crew and ammo runt

Hope this passes for a 1..maybe 2 at the most?

They all benefit from the T7, but the Armour Save varies depending on which Model a given Wound is Allocated to. And yes, they would all get FNP :D

So the 3+ armor is only used if the gun is allocated a wound? or can the Gun crew use the 3+ but not the IC`s tha join it?

And I assume the fnp is all based on the T7?,not the toughness of whichever model is allocated the wound?

Yeah, comparing S to T for Instant Death purposes is also dependent on which Model the Wound gets Allocated to. The same thing can come up in some other combos, like if I cast Catalyst on a Brood of Tyranid Warriors Joined by a Tyranid Prime, and they get hit by a Krak Missile. If the Wound gets Allocated to the Prime, he can take FNP, because he's T5, but if it goes to a regular Warrior, it can't use FNP, because it's only T4 and so the Missile causes Instant Death.

Yeah, comparing S to T for Instant Death purposes is also dependent on which Model the Wound gets Allocated to. The same thing can come up in some other combos, like if I cast Catalyst on a Brood of Tyranid Warriors Joined by a Tyranid Prime, and they get hit by a Krak Missile. If the Wound gets Allocated to the Prime, he can take FNP, because he's T5, but if it goes to a regular Warrior, it can't use FNP, because it's only T4 and so the Missile causes Instant Death.

Humm...ive been checking around on this and found a thread at Heresy on the topic;

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181946

Certainly I have a bias in this case but the artillery rule as written does seem to support the unit having T7 throughout the entire shooting sequence,mainly because if you use T7 to generate a wound then why would you use a lower value to determine any other results from the attack.

On another part,I assume then that the 3+ armor is only available to the gun itself if its deemed to receive a wound?

Majority Toughness is only used for the to Wound Roll. The bit about Instant Death on Pg.36 specifies that you use the Toughness of the Model the Wound is Allocated to to determine whether or not a given Wound causes Instant Death.

Ok,yeah that sounds right.

Thnx for the clarification on this:)

• Like 1