Raiding Aces League Mar-May 2016

ZeroMoon17

Just got my Burning Empires book delivered today.Looking it over in the raider sections I see that for the Axis its looking like the Italians are the only garrison force?

I don't mind that at all as I think it would be cool to start a small Italian force for early/midwar anyway,but is there a German garrison force im missing?

And this Desert fort piece that can be use for garrisons..they also mention that it can be a group of buildings,can that be built up from the desert buildings available at the online store?.I see the fort is currently unavailable.

I picked up the Desert Light Pioneer platoon also but I can see that if using the gliders I wont need many of them at 1k points heh.

Just got my Burning Empires book delivered today.Looking it over in the raider sections I see that for the Axis its looking like the Italians are the only garrison force?

I don't mind that at all as I think it would be cool to start a small Italian force for early/midwar anyway,but is there a German garrison force im missing?

And this Desert fort piece that can be use for garrisons..they also mention that it can be a group of buildings,can that be built up from the desert buildings available at the online store?.I see the fort is currently unavailable.

I picked up the Desert Light Pioneer platoon also but I can see that if using the gliders I wont need many of them at 1k points heh.

Technically yes, but I've opened up the format to include any infantry/motorized force from North Africa, Burning Empires, or Hellfire and Back.  This way we get a little bit more variety.  You just can't bring any armored vehicles from those other lists.  You can also play the free french as "Vichy French" for a garrison force.

Technically yes, but I've opened up the format to include any infantry/motorized force to get a little bit more variety from North Africa, Burning Empires, or Hellfire and Back.  You just can't bring any armored vehicles from those other lists.  You can also play the free french as "Vichy French" for a garrison force.

Eeeww Vichy!

Thnx for the clarification on that:) Put me down for a Mitraglieri Garrison force then.

Not sure about any fort though as it looks like those would cost at least 200 points and with only 1k to use at max it seems like a huge tax.Though I don't know how good a for is,heh.

Also I noticed the Italian can take air support and it doesn't look too spendy,is that gonna be usable for this campaign?

..I see they are old Falco`s and may not even be effective at all,but the models would be cool:)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question on list building - at the 500 point level there is the following restriction:

You can take any platoon listed as Company HQ, Combat or Weapons Platoons. However you cannot take Support Platoons at this stage in the campaign.

With your opening the campaign up to non-raiding lists, is this still in effect?

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered up some Libyan platoons and support elements for the Mitraglieri garrison forces.Im thinking ill have around 300 pts left to expand on through escalation,one concern I have is if I should try and build the whole 1000 pts list now due to the shipping time to get the models.Does GG still order for FoW?,and can they get it faster at no extra charge,,being a business and all that?

As for my Brandenberger`s Kamphgruppe Konen force,I picked up a pioneer platoon and the German Glider platoon,im assuming this is going to get me to 1k with just that?...they are friggen expensive points wise,lol.

I know it will be a pretty minimal force model wise but should make it easier to learn the game with I would think.

Just ordered up some Libyan platoons and support elements for the Mitraglieri garrison forces.Im thinking ill have around 300 pts left to expand on through escalation,one concern I have is if I should try and build the whole 1000 pts list now due to the shipping time to get the models.Does GG still order for FoW?,and can they get it faster at no extra charge,,being a business and all that?

As for my Brandenberger`s Kamphgruppe Konen force,I picked up a pioneer platoon and the German Glider platoon,im assuming this is going to get me to 1k with just that?...they are friggen expensive points wise,lol.

I know it will be a pretty minimal force model wise but should make it easier to learn the game with I would think.

Guardian Games will still order FoW for you, but it won't get there any faster.  The advantage is that instead of all the purchase price going to Battlefront, Guardian Games will get a slice of the pie.

• Like 1

Thnx:)

Im just now starting to dig out the stuff I purchased for this,heh.

The start date could be a bit rough for me as my wife will be working that Saturday,im hoping with the small model count that the session will go rather quickly and I can get back home in a couple of hours or so,,before the kids get ansy and start working over the house or running the neighborhood,lol.

Anyhow,I picked up an Afrika Corps Pioneer Platoon and noticed that they come with mine sweepers and even FT`s,,for the Koenen Brandenbergers im seeing either straight rifle/mg teams or pay extra for med mg teams.Since im modeling a very elite force should I just make it 4 man teams and leave the minesweepers off?.Or is there a different platoon pack I should purchase?...as it stands now I was hoping this pack came with more LMG models but it looks like it only has one from the web pick,so its looking like my Rifle/MG teams wont really have many LMG`s in them.

I am going to order an MG platoon as well so I can split each squad with a rifle team and an MMG team.

Also what do I need for the "Hero" team?..or is that just going to be the CO team?

On my garrison side,ive got 2 platoons of Libyans,a 2 gun battery of Italian 75`s a Falco on the way,and an MG platoon for support.I briefly checked over the rules for Air support and am I reading it right that I will only need one plane for game purposes?..or should I get 2 more as represented in the force chart...

Not sure if I should consider transport for these guys,im assuming a garrison force wouldn't really need to redeploy that much but this being a company level game perhaps a few transports may come in handy?.

Overall im kinda stoked to try the game,hope this isint too much of a specialized version of the game to give me a distorted view of how the game normally plays though.Im hoping these models can be used in future MW Afrika games,,.ill probably build on the Italian force and use the Pioneers as an addon to a German tank force or something...not sure how viable gliders would be in a competitive list though.

Just wrapped up a convo with the wife on this...It seems that your start date is the first Saturday of Spring Break for the kids and they had already planned a party of sorts that would be taking place at our house so I wont be able to get away for this.

Honestly,looking at all the modeling and painting I would need to do for this coupled with the issue that the FoW regular game nights are on Thursdays(pretty much the only day of the week that I really cant get away for) I think im going to have to put this game on hold for a bit and see how things go.

Plus im trying to get some regular AoS action going in the area so theres that too.

Sorry bout this,maybe I can get a chance to hit a game night this summer for a learning session.

..maybe I can get a chance to hit a game night this summer for a learning session.

nw.

I will eventually have 3 small forces for the French part of this league: 2 Free French and 1 Vichy.

If you post here at least a day before you show, then we can have something ready for you.

If no advance notice, that's OK, too.

We r flex.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will not be able to go to the kick-off event, due to military duty. Some how I over looked this one as I was thinking my BTA was the weekend prior. I am still interested in the League but will need to be ramped up for the next date. I will however send my list prior to the 19th.

- Daniel