Come on Down!

Sherbert

Come on Down to 'Big A's Car Emporium', we got everything you need. Do you need a new rig to traverse the wastelands and run down the weak and meager? Do you need you a guzzoline injected rat rod? Want to become the new warlord of the wastes and take over as many resources as possible? We have all that and much much more down at 'Big A's Car Emporium.' 

As some of you know I have been working on making some campaign rules for the game Warlands. I want to start the campaign on the first Tuesday of February. The campaign will last for 2 months and players will get one game in on Tuesdays. I will try and have a new unique mission every week. Players will need to bring a notebook to keep track of their warlord and his his crew. In a week or two I will send out the campaign rules with new items and a faq for the basic rules.

For those that want to build a make your own cars and crew we will be using 1/72 scale models. Hot wheels cars work perfectly for vehicles. there are some model company that make foot models at that scale as well. Next tuesday, so the 5th, I will bring some of my spare hot wheels into the shop. I suggest others bring some cars in and we can have a big swap meet to build some hype for the campaign. That will give players one month to put together a warband to play. If there is anyone who wants to play but doesnt want to build models, I have more than enough vehicles for several players. 

For those who have not played a Warland game yet I can send you the pdf of the rules. The game is very cinematic and a blast to play.

Feel free to ask any questions about the campaign or game itself and ill see you guys in Tuesday to play with toy cars. 

• Like 4

so far there I am not including armor piercing ammo because its too powerful. 

New gear includes spikes wheels, boarding planks, and grappling hooks. Still havnt decided on starting warbands but I was thinking around 300pts. Players will not use their entire warband in missions. they will have the opportunity to tailor their lists to the mission. 

I dun goofed and wasnt very clear about when the car swap would take place. It will be next Tuesday on the 12th at 6:00. For those who want to partake please bring some stock hot wheels cars to trade with everyone else. If you want you can bring other things like bits that you think other people might need or want. I will bring some wheels that Jim cast for me to give out to people. If you dont have any cars but would like to participate im sure that between Brad, Nathan, and myself we could give you a couple of cars to work with.

For the campaign players will need at least some buggies and trucks, you can play with just cars but I think you will be at a disadvantage. It would also be nice if every player could model at least 1-2 junker utility trucks for missions. I have some but not enough for every table.

If anyone wants any inspiration for building vehicles just find my thread in the artificer forge or search 'Car Wars' in google images and you will find a bunch of converted cars.   

I am also going to move the start date for the campaign back by one week to give players enough time to build and paint some vehicles. that means we will begin on the 9th of February. The campaign will go for six weeks and will meet every Tuesday to play one game. Please have converted and painted vehicles for the first day, it will make the campaign much for enjoyable. 

I will try and have the basic rules and errata done in the next couple of weeks so you guys can build your vehicles specifically to what they have in the game.

Again, for those who dont want to build and convert models players can use my own vehicles. I have a metric [big bad swear word] ton of cars that I have painted up so its no problem.  

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.