Dawn of War II - Last Stand

So for some reason yesterday, I kicked old DoW2 into gear and actually threw myself into the queue for a Last Stand game. Quite surprisingly, it actually found a match. For the next few hours, I played a constant stream of games, running through each character and trying to remember how to play it. I really enjoyed it. Next time I find myself with some PC time, I think I'm going to hit one of the saved campaigns I was going through. Watching the 40K world come alive on the screen is always a blast.

• Like 2

I too have found myself wandering back to this game recently when I'm looking for something to play. The first DoW is what got me into 40k and I agree that getting a visual for the weapons and warfare of the tabletop is quite nice.

I've been playing Retribution's multiplayer and getting some fun games in. I enjoy the small unit tactics and lack of base building, as I think it fits 40k better. I am pretty slow on the draw when it comes to RTS PvP (and err... online PvP in general) but so far I can keep up well enough.

• Like 1

Yeah, I find I'm far too much of a defensive player. So the IG fit me really well. I've tried to play some aggressive races, but it generally doesn't turn out so well. I did try the Elite mod, but they went way overboard with the changes and new units. So I've gone back to the standard game. I should try some MPvP again. I'll get some practice with the orks again. They are such a hoot to play.