Storm Of Silence 4 - Gamer's Haven Spokane Valley WA 4/23-24

winterman

Greetings,

Exarch/Bob Kelley and I have set the date for the latest event in our series -- Storm of Silence 4 will be April 23-24.  This will be the 9th GT style event Bob and I have hosted at the Gamer's Haven and we continue to improve every time.  

If you are into ITC or just GT styles events, we have consistently had 45-50+ attendees -- so if you want those points or a chance to play new people this is the event for you.

The Storm is our 'modern style' GT event focused more on win loss and ITC stylings -- with our own spin of course. 

A quick summary is below.  More details to follow as we have them

1850 Points 
ITC army list guidlines (look for the 2016 updates after LVO)
Painted army required
5 rounds (3 games day 1, 2 games day 2)
Results submitted to ITC
ITC FAQ and Errata will be used (look for ITC voting to occur after LVO)
Missions TBD (awaiting the ITC 2016 format before deciding, but will likely continue to use our own mission format).

Awards:
Overall/Renessaince Man - Equal weight Gameplay/Appearance
Best General - Best record, with battle points as tie breaker
Best Sportsmanship - Favorite Opponent Votes - Best General Ranking as tie breaker
Best Appearance - Highest Appearance Score - Favorite Army Votes as tie breaker
Favorite Army - Player voted - Appearance as tie breaker
Best in Faction - Per Overall/Rennesaince Man

Event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/547218522101746/

Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quiet a few folks are, from the sounds of it. We've got at least three of us from Corvallis, and I don't doubt there's some other folks on the forum who'll be going as well.

Committed to Walpurgis malifaux event the next weekend... I will be attending the harvester again tho later this year.

Do you have a link for this? I'm looking for more Malifaux events in the area, so...

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet a few folks are, from the sounds of it. We've got at least three of us from Corvallis, and I don't doubt there's some other folks on the forum who'll be going as well.

Do you have a link for this? I'm looking for more Malifaux events in the area, so...

It had been renamed breaching the faux so I believe you are already clued in... Off to double check.

Edit:yep you commented over there.

Couple of updates:

1.  The Storm is a Major ITC event!  We had to find space for a couple more tables but we did it -- Now a 60 man event.  Still 5 days per the Major event requirements but this is a big deal for us.  Thanks goes out to all the previous attendees that have helped make this an easy choice for Major Event status.

2. We are already sold out and a wait list is being kept.  If you missed out and are local or willing to chance it, there's always a good chance people will drop.  Our drop rate is not that high though (nothing like an LVO or BAO) but they do come up.

3. Packet is now available for review.  Includes the missions and schedule and details of the event.  Mostly following the ITC event format but there are difference.  Like 1 mission is a custom mission, combing elements of the relic, emperors will and extra VPs for killing elites, HQs and LoWs (think big guns or scouring but for other parts of FOC).

Packet PDF available below (still in review but main gist is there)

2. We are already sold out and a wait list is being kept.  If you missed out and are local or willing to chance it, there's always a good chance people will drop.  Our drop rate is not that high though (nothing like an LVO or BAO) but they do come up.

Called and got on the wait list. Thought I still had time but apparently not!

Any chances of you guys adding even 10 more spots? I'll play outside I don't care haha.

The shop sold items off and rearranged several areas in order to squeeze in 30 tables for the event (2 more tables than previous years).  That is the absolute limit the shop can hold as far as I understand.  

I'd love this to become a 64-128+ person hotel based event but it wasn't in the cards this year.  It's certainly a possibility for the Storm next year, especially given the draw it has enjoyed for several years.   The issue there has been getting enough hotel usage to cover room blocks and the inevitable entry fee increase that would be needed to make things break even.