League interest?

Im hearing some interest for an AoS League and would like to get some input as to what you all would like to see in the way of meeting frequency,play location and days/time.

Im thinking that it would be cool to run the first 8 Battleplans in the Mighty Empires sourcebook,those being the first battles that took place when the Storm of Sigmar started at the games release.Could probably do some form of escalating of the collection size allowance using SDK points for a basis.

We would be using the Time of War rules from the book along with the Brimstone peninsula environmental rules and the Triumph table that goes with it.

I keep thinking I may want to play, but where and when would you be playing?

I don't have an army right now but was thinking about picking up a Start Collecting Daemons of Nurgle then eventually picking up the Khorne one down the road. Is one of these boxes enough to get started, just not sure since there are no point values in AoS. But I really like the idea of being able to use them in WH40k as well.

• Like 1

I keep thinking I may want to play, but where and when would you be playing?

I don't have an army right now but was thinking about picking up a Start Collecting Daemons of Nurgle then eventually picking up the Khorne one down the road. Is one of these boxes enough to get started, just not sure since there are no point values in AoS. But I really like the idea of being able to use them in WH40k as well.

Im planning to hit WoW on Tuesday the 16th next.There will likely be at least a couple of us playing then:)

You can do a quick throw down with the army starters to give ya a sample of how the game playes,but usually you will want another 3 units of some form for regular play.Also you can check out youtube for batreps to see how its a easy game to get into and play..pretty much at this point its a rather basic version of 40k with more of a melee focus as opposed to shooting.Though its quite possible to make a strong shooting army,but much harder to completely shoot someone off the board with it,heh.

I haven't touched 40k since AoS but I probably will at some point im sure...im actually kinda waiting for the next rendition of it so maybe,,,just maybe Orks will be a thing again,hehe.Anyhow,Ive got Skarbrand done and may try running him in 40k sometime but would need to get the CD dex and all that stuff.

I would love to get some league play going but still waiting to see how many we would have,then need to try and get a regular venue that works for everyone.

So right now there is really no regular games nights for AoS in the Portland area?

I may show up then sometime at WoW next time people decide to play.

What ive been doing is one night a month at GG,we have been doing Saturday evenings for now.I need a couple of days to find out if I can reserve for the 13th this month,or the 27th.Saturdays at GG has usually brought in 4-6 people to either play or check out whats going on.

Steel Angel and I have been doing WoW on Tuesdays of which im trying to make every other Tuesday with the next one being on the 16th.

But for league stuff we would be on a set night,but not sure if it would be at WoW or GG as we have players that like one or the other,,or can only do weekends or can only do midweek.One possible solution would be to go for one GG session and one WoW session per month,possibly more but I would probably need someone to assist on nights I couldn't make it.We could run this for 3-4 months,have some painting points,battle achievement points and play a mix of battleplans with players gaining some army perks in between.Then wrap up with possibly some sort of big battle with the 4 main factions squaring off...or maybe a school league style tournament with everyone using their armies and the perks they have gained:)

The game is still very new and many clubs/communities are trying to find their legs in terms of events and what to include/how to run them.Lots of fun experimentation going on out there now:)

I'm up for a League. I haven't been able to play since the last one.

I'd definitely prefer playing at either GG or RC. RC is nice, but not many tables for miniatures play. I prefer playing at a store to potentially grow interest in the game.

Friday or Saturday evening is fine, for the most part.

I still only have the Starter Box Stormcasts. I'm not going deep with them as I'm waiting until GW gets around to releasing Aelfs.

• Like 1