Warhammer 30K Force Thoughts...

fingolfen

So I've always had a fondness for the "old marks" of space marine armor - still have several of them in my old space marine force that's been around since... ummmm... well, a while... let's leave it at that (I still have my old Rogue Trader books lying about somewhere)...

Anyway - I've generally always played to the loyalist side because i thought most of the 40K Chaos figures were a bit over the top... but looking at the lovely Forgeworld figures for the Horus Heresy... well, now I'm wavering a bit...  I haven't picked up the rule books yet, but at this point I've got a couple of favorites based on how they appear to paint up at this point... and only one is on the loyalist side...

1)  Death Guard - runs to some of my painting strengths with the bone white and sepia washes - plus the Deathshroud Terminators just look really fun...

2)  Iron Warriors - nice metallic paint job with good accent painting...

3)  Iron Hands - again - nice metallic (though not quite as nice as the Iron Warriors) - and I'm guessing given the chapter fluff I'd get to field more vehicles... not as crazy about their Terminators, though...

So for those of you playing the game - thoughts???

• Like 2