Long time no game

Well its been a while, don't think I've played a game of 40k since i was last in Bellingham due to this annoying thing call a 'job' that apparently some adults have. And like a recovering crack addict what better way to relapse then to go all in and start a brand new army.  Knowing nothing about space wolves except for the fact that i love the look, i turn to you guys for some advice for what to start with.  I absolutely love the idea of having a ton of guys on wolf mounts, that logan grimnar guy on his santa sleigh, and any other wolf like things.  With that in mind, does anyone have some advice on what to start with, wanting to stay at least somewhat competitive?  Thanks in advance, and hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

Hey Brad,

As a Space wolf player of a couple of years let me give you some "getting started" advice. First grab the codex and the two supplements if you care for them (Champions of Fenris and Curse of the Wulfen). Both supplements are quality and give you a new look on what kind of Space Wolf (SW) army you may want to play along with a host of formations to choose from. Next, grab the Start Collecting Space Wolves box. This box is a great deal and gives you a solid start into the faction. You'll get a Wolf Lord, a squad of Grey Hunters/Blood Claws, etc. and a Squad of Thunderwolf Cavalry. Since you wanted to focus on the Thunderwolves this box will get you started with that goal. Then pick up a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf and a few more boxes of Thunderwolf Cavalry, however many you want to make up your army. Then if you feel that you are needing more models to keep up with your Thunderwolves I would suggest some Fenrisian wolves as well. These beasts can keep up with your cav and be a be a screen for your army. These recommendations are assuming that money is no object, but if it is then just go in the order I have suggested. This will give you a nice intro into the SW faction with all of its bestial goodness. Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Fang.  

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.