9th Age Lists

So I've been toying around with my Ogres, seeing about translating them to 9th Age. This is what I'm sort of looking at at the moment, based off of the models I have and kinda what I'm use to playing. 

Biggest loss, in my mind, is the not having Crown of Command to make my "Bruisers" Stubborn. Scepter of Dominion is a poor substitute, but I'm sure that's the point, heh. Kinda makes Path of Butchery a must have, IMO. Since "Marrow Drinker" isn't the signature spell anymore and it's pretty important, took Tome of Arcane lore to hopefully guarantee that I get it, bar any crazy bad rolls.

Lords

Great Khan 180
Bluffer's Helm 35
Talisman of Greater Shielding 25
Scepter of Dominion 30
Great Weapon 20

Great Shaman 245
Lvl 4 30 (Path of Butchery)
Tome of Arcane Lore 25
Obsidian Rock 30

Heroes

Khan 105
BSB 25
Mithril Mail 25

Khan 105
Razor Blade 5
Hardened Shield 5

Core

9 Tribesmen 237
Iron Fists 54
Full Command 30

10 Bruisers 408
Full Command 30
Standard of Discipline 25

Special

3 Bombardiers 120
Musician 10

5 Mercenary Veterans 245
(Bodyguard / Immune to Psych)
Ironfists 35
Full Command 30
Gleaming Icon 5

Sabertoon Tiger 40
Sabertoon Tiger 40

Rare

Thunder Cannon 150

Slave Giant 150

Non-BSB Khan goes with Mercenary Veterans to give them Stubborn; along with Immune to Psych and Gleaming Icon, should allow them to operate away from the general / BSB without so much risk. Great Khan / BSB roll with Bruisers; run them 4x3, Great Khan in the front to help smash more face. Great Shaman goes with Tribesmen and supports where needed. Slave Giants seem much better than old GW Giants, heh.

• Like 1

Why the second Khan?

I know your characters are useful, but is it worth 2-3 more ogres?

He gives the Merc vets stubborn, pretty much the only reason he's there, heh. I found in 8th that stubborn Maneaters where invaluable at tying up units and sticking around when I combat didn't swing my way. If Bodyguard didn't require a character, I would probably drop drop him, add a 6th Merc and some more bodies.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so here is a revised list that I'm thinking of bringing to OFCC, having looked a little more into the army book. That being said, it's fairly similar to what I have above:

Great Khan

General

Scepter of Dominion

Bluffer's Helm

5++

GW

Great Shaman
Lvl 4 (Butchery)
Tome of Arcane Lore

Obsidian Rock

GW

Khan
BSB

Hardened Shield

Razor Blade

Shaman

Lvl 2 (Alchemy)

10 Bruisers
FC
Banner of Discipline

7 Tribesmen
FC

Heavy Armor
Ironfists

5 Bombardiers

Musician

6 Mercenary Veterans
+1 BS & Poision
Ogre Pistols
Musician / Standard (Gleaming Icon)

2 Sabertooth Tigers

2 Yetis

Slave Giant

Edit: Forgot I had to drop a Bombardier to get the 2nd Sabertooth.

Lately I've been looking at Beast Herds more and more. Here's the list I'm tossing around at the moment:

[357] Beast Lord: sword of strength, dragonscale helm, sprout of rebirth, gem of fortune, heavy armor, shield, razortusk chariot, hunting call, hunting horn, general

[265] Minotaur Chieftain: bsb, armor of destiny, totem bearer, shield, beast axe

[110] Soothsayer: path of wilderness, dispel scroll, talisman of shielding

[225] Wildhorn Herd x 25: ambush, paired weapons, full comand, totem bearer (blooded horn), banner of the wild herd

[200] Wildhorn Herd x 25: ambush, paired weapons, full command, totem bearer (blooded horn)

[75] Raiding Chariot

[75] Raiding Chariot

[75] Raiding Chariot

[367] Minotaurs x 7: paired weapons, full command, banner of speed

[90] Gargoyles x 5: scout

[60] Briar Beast

[200] Cyclops

[200] Gortach

[200] Gortach

TOTAL: 2499

Basically the Wildhorns both ambush (assisted by the Beastlord's rerolls) while the rest of the list wrecks face. Chariots are hardly more expensive than units of dogs so they'll be filling double-duty as chaff, chaff-clearers, and additional combat support where useful. Interested to see how the big monsters do, they seem pretty rad on paper and I have a super target rich environment with my Lord rolling around on his chariot (though he's pretty tough to hurt with T5, W5, 1+/4+ and all wounds against him have to reroll 6s.)

• Like 1

Ok now since I'm not in fear of hijacking the thread, there's the list I'm running in the UB tourney at the moment.

-----------------------------------

Magister: General, Lv4, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Supreme Shielding, Ruin = 285

Chief: BSB = 65
Sicarra Assassin: MW, Scout & Ambush, Tail Weapon = 150
Sicarra Assassin: MW, Scout & Ambush, Tail Weapon = 150
Sicarra Assassin: MW, Tail Weapon, Mithril Mail, Amulet of Power = 185

20 Rats-at-Arms = 80
43 Slaves: Musician = 96
42 Slaves: Musician = 94
40 Vermin Guard: FC, The Lightning Rod = 365

10 Gutter Blades: Champ, Poison, Scout & Ambush = 175
10 Gutter Blades: Champ, Poison, Scout & Ambush = 175
5 Jezails = 100
Rotary Gun = 65
Rotary Gun = 65

Dreadmill = 140
Dreadmill = 140
Lightning Cannon = 85
Plague Catapult = 85

Total = 2500

-----------------------------------

I'm stuck in for one more game, but after that some things will be changed.
For example, 3 scoring units would be nice. I'll probably upgrade the RaA to have a standard, and maybe take another min unit. Not sure what I would drop just yet, but I'll find the points.

In the two games I've had so far, I've learned that 5 attack Assassins are freaking awesome. So is Multiple Wounds ON EVERYTHING. The Assassin with items goes in the Vermin Guard and hands out the pain. S8 MW throwing stars are great. The stuff that's really been failing me is all my "war machines" which include the cannon, the catapult, the jezails and the rotary guns. The dreadmills were terrible the first game and on point the second, so they can stick around.
The 20 gutter blades do a lot of work. Thankfully I haven't faced too many people with a lot of armor, so they've been very useful. The other two assassins ambush with the gutters for extra fun.
  • Like 1

I will throw in a list I have been working on for Infernal Dwarves. I made this list to reflect a bit of everything. I have not decided on the magic lores for the three different casters though.

Infernal Dwarf List 2,500 pts

Overlord: Onyx Hammer, Talisman of Greater Shielding, Bluffers Helm, Potion of Swiftness and a Shield: 248 pts

Vizier: BSB, Ring of Desiccation, shield, Infernal Weapon, and a Dusk Stone: 187 pts

Magus: Lucky Shield, level 2 wizard, and a Lammasu level 2 wizard: 275 pts

Magus: Engineer and level 1 Wizard w/ a Dispel Scroll: 135 pts

Citadel Guard: 30 w/ FC and the Flaming Standard: 385 pts

Hobgoblins: 20 that have swapped for Bows 75 pts

Hobgoblins: 20 that have swapped for Bows 75 pts

Orc Slaves: 24 w/ 2 Hand Weapons: 108 pts

Disciples of Lugar: 10: 130 pts

Rocket Battery: 85 pts

Volcano Cannon: 120 pts

Titan Mortar: w/ earthquake shells: 160 pts

Hobgoblin bolt thrower: 40 pts

Hobgoblin bolt thrower: 40 pts

Kadim Titan: 325 pts

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: 55 pts

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: 55 pts

Total: 2498 pts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my list for OFCC! Decided to stick to models I had available. Feel pretty happy about it; all this leaves me to paint is 4 Iron Fists and some highlighting on a Sabertooth Tiger and Kin Eater.

Lords

Great Khan: General, Great Weapon, Bluffer’s Helm, Talisman of Greater Shielding, Scepter of Dominion

Heroes

Khan: BSB, Razor Blade, Hardened Shield, Magic Standard: Skull of Qenghet

Shaman: Lvl 2 (Butchery), Dispel Scroll

Shaman: Lvl 2 (Butchery), Tome of Arcande Lore

Core

10 Bruisers: Full Command, Veteran Magical Standard: Banner of Discipline

8 Tribesman: Full Command, Heavy Armor, Iron Fists

Special

Sabertooth Tiger

Sabertooth Tiger

Kin Eater

6 Bombardiers: Musician

6 Mercenary Veterans: Swiftstride and Thunderous Charge,  Musician, Magical Standard: Banner of Speed, Iron Fists

Rare

Slave Giant

TOTAL - 2500 points

• Like 1