SPEHSS MAHREENS for OFCC

Edosaurus Rex

Hey all! Here is my idea for a Space Marine list using the Ravens Guard rules found in the new Kauyon book.

Talon Strike Force

Battle Demi-Company

Chaplain-105

-Jump pack

Tactical Squad (10)-195

-Meltagun, multi-melta, sergeant has bolt pistol and chainsword, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad (10)-195

-Meltagun, multi-melta, sergeant has bolt pistol and chainsword, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad (5)-80

-Heavy bolter

Assault Squad (5)-130

-Jump packs, flamer, veteran sergeant with thunder hammer

Devastator Squad (5)-145

-Four heavy bolters, Drop Pod

Venerable Dreadnought-125

-Multi-melta, storm bolter

First Company Task Force

Terminator Squad (5)-200

-Assault cannon, chainfist

Terminator Squad (5)-185

-Heavy flamer

Terminator Assault Squad (5)-205

-Three Terminators with thunder hammers and storm shields, two Terminators with lightning claws

Storm Wing

Stormraven-200

-Twin-linked assault cannon, twin-linked multi-melta

Stormtalon-115

-Twin-linked assault cannon, skyhammer missile launcher

Stormtalon-115

-Twin-linked assault cannon, skyhammer missile launcher

Total: 2,000

So the general idea is that I don't deploy anything. With the Talon Strike Force, any unit kept in reserves will come in on my turn 1 on a roll of a 4+, so hopefully I'll get a good amount of units to start the game with. The Chaplain, Assault Squad, and Dreadnought will ride in the Stormraven. The small tactical squad will stay in reserves while the Terminators and Drop Pods will deep strike. With some lucky rolls I'll be able to be in my opponent's grill right away, which should make for a fun and bloody game.

I'm shooting for a rating of a 2 with this list, which is one reason why I wanted to post it. What do you guys think? I know it is very far from being too powerful for OFCC but I just wanted some extra opinions to make sure it wouldn't be considered a 3. There are a lot of extra formation rules in the list, but the only ones that make a big difference are the reserves on turn 1 and the Battle Demi-Company having ObSec. Do you guys think that this list would be tough to match up for a great game? Or is it a solid 2 that most players would take on with a smile? Thanks for your input!

• Like 2

You have a squad of Devastators with Heavy Bolters. It's not a 3.

The list looks good to me. It has all sorts of options without being too one-sided. It won't cause unbalanced games. I like it!

More to the point, you have 15 terminators...

The only possible reason to make this a 3 is the 3 flyers as that might make matchups slightly difficult.  But that's a BIG if.  Overall this will line up nicely against most OFCC lists.  

One, mild list-building critique that I would give is give the devastator's drop pod to the Venerable dread instead.  He needs it more.  

More to the point, you have 15 terminators...

The only possible reason to make this a 3 is the 3 flyers as that might make matchups slightly difficult. But that's a BIG if. Overall this will line up nicely against most OFCC lists.

One, mild list-building critique that I would give is give the devastator's drop pod to the Venerable dread instead. He needs it more.

Yea, the flyers are one thing I was a little worried about. But as long as I get matched against someone with a decent anti-air presence, there shouldn't be a problem.

And I did think about giving the drop pod to my dreadnought, but I just really like the idea of him hanging on the back of the stormraven and assaulting from hover mode with the assault squad. I will definitely think about it though, because having him in the drop pod is probably the better choice and I can just have the devastators walk on from reserve.