Army building

With the whole slew of points leaks today ive started to work on assembling the rough draft for my "Nagash Bash" army.

I think the 2k point level is a good starting point...though I will make lists for the 1k and 2.5k as well.Of course the 1k wont include Nagash,heh.

Not all of the Death armies are leaked yet,I dont have a cost for Vamp lords,Coven throne,Hexwraiths and Spirit Hosts...im sure they will be out soon though.

At 2k points I can see that a Nagash list will need to take 3 units of either skellies or zombies,or a mix of the two.Those are pretty much the only Battline troops in Death without taking a leadership tax unit.Because Nagash is named,he cant take an artifact so I will at least have one other Leader,,in this case it will be my Necromancer,,he is actually very good with the skellies anyway,being able to LoS wounds to them if hes within 3".

Ill probably start with 40 to 50 total in skellies/zombies to make up the 3 core minimum,thats around what I used with him in my UL list from 8th edition.It makes a good bubble wrap for him,making him mostly impossible to port to and take out quickly..but doesnt add much to the killing power of this army,,and thats were I will have problems.I will probably use my Zombie Dragon and Morghasts with him,but that doesnt leave much left..160-200 points or so to maybe bring in some Black Knights or something.This brings me to the conclusion that in order to get some killing power out of this army I will be forced to get Nagash into the fight.He can certainly wreck face but hes not invincible either...16 wnds behind a 3+ with a 4+ ward vs morts is nice,,but he can be worked over in many ways im sure.

Next bit of info I need to see leaked is what the scenarios are like and how victory is determined.That could certainly change my strat on this...possibly even making Nagash not viable under the 2500 point range.

• Like 1

Yer i'm seeing 2500 pt as the norm if you want to have dragons and the big guys. anything less would just be a few units and a stardrake or dragonlord, and forget  Nagash

I dont know...the 2k list I wrote up with Nagash has at least 45 models starting on the board.Sure most all of them are single wound models but as long as the 3 Standard bearers are alive,ill be bringing back 3d6 of them each turn.

And adding just another 500 points would mean pretty much just adding a monster to a 2k list.

Either way its gonna take some games to see what works out:)

I find it strange that a 2k game has a 4 limit of monsters. Most monsters I've seen are 350+ so fielding 4 is almost not even doable. Like the 'new' beast riders. Thundertusk as battle line means 3 of them and a frostlord. 4 monsters and done with the list.

2k-2.5k is good. The whole battleline thing is just for pitched/matched right? So as a group we can just do points unless we want to do matched sometimes too which I'm fine with

My biggest concern is the time each battle takes,,2k is rumored to be around 2-2.5 hr games,,2500 is around 3-3.5 or so they say.

Like I say though,,build a list for all 3 of the ranges:)

These point ranges are designed for use with the 6 scenarios..but yes if we just want to set a point value and go for it,im sure that would work fine for the published battleplans.Would probably still need to have some restrictions on leaders,behemoths,artiller,,etc.