Army building

I can't wait for all the subfactions to have their own allegiance abilities and command traits and spell lores

I know you have been asking around about what the individual faction allegiance abilities are,,but as far as I know at this point,the only "ability" that I know of is for the army to take those units listed as battleline on the sub factions points roster,as opposed to the more "generic" troop units that work for the entire Grand Alliance.

An example for my Death armies would be if I took a full Deathlords army,then I could use Morghats to fill the Battleline slots but wouldnt get to use one of the GA Death abilities.Were is if I just use Skeletons or Zombies to fill my Battleline slots then Im open to the GA stuff.

Thats my take...I dont know though,,it does seem like we are missing some info on this part,probably gonna have to wait till the book comes out.

Yeah for now it's just the GA ones. Until the new sylvaneth book. Then going forward they are releasing traits, abilities, artifacts, spell lore for all subfactions. Of course that might take a while.

And as far as I know your not forced into one. With your example you could take the death one or if your entire force is deathlords, you have the option of taking theirs but not both. You get to pick. That's all for matched play thou of course

• Like 1

Wow,,was just checking out the Death allegiance ability.All friendly units within 10" of a Death hero get a 6+ ward save.The kicker to this one is that you can choose a command ability that basically increases that to a 5+ ward...this coupled with Skeleton and Zombie banners is going to be very annoying.

With that they certainly seem like the fantasy Necrons..

First list done-

1000 pts Grand Alliance Death

Deathrattle forces-

Legion of Death Battalion: 80pts

Wight King w/baleful Blade 120pts

5x Black Knights 120pts

5x Grave Guard 80pts

2x 10 Skeleton Warriors with SnB 160 pts

10x Skeleton Warriors with Shield and Spears 80 pts

Souldblight forces-

Vampire Lord on Nightmare 140pts

Nighthaunt forces-

5x Hexwraiths 160 pts

Reanimate forces-

Tomb Scorpion 80 pts

No monsters in this list but hoping to take full advantage of the large model count for the low point range along with the 5+ army wide ward for units within 10" of the two Hero`s.This should give very good board control but may struggle against elite armies.

Slight change to this list after noting that my son built our Grave Guard as 5 w/snb and 5 w/2 handers...so I dropped it to 5 and added a Tomb Scorpion.Should be nice having a backfield threat from turn one on..especially one with a 5+ ward:)

• Like 1

Has there been any leaked stuff for Empire or Wood Elves? I looked around but couldn't find any. Everyone's making lists and I feel left out lol.

Not seeing anything on the PDF`s about those..but ive read that all legacy armies will be included.

For now though there should be some cross over listings in Ironweld arsenal and Free peoples along with the Syvaneth.

Just noticed something that I think ill be doing from this point forward in the game.

Up until this point I havent had to deal with this much,but now that the "official" point system is using a minimum warscroll model amount per point allotment,im finding that im a bit short on command models as I used to just include on of each for each block I ran but now that we can actually have multiples of banners and musicians im thinking ill just make full command for each warscrolls min model count then when I take a large unit,ill have an extra banner or musician(or 2-3) then come up with something to place on the Champs to denote which one is actually the unit champ of the large unit.

2k list Death

Legion of Death Battalion 60 pts

Wight King 120 pts

5x Black Knights 120pts

5x Grave guard w/SnB 80 pts

3x10 Skeleton warriors w/SnB 240 pts

10 Skeleton warriors w/Spear and Shield 80 pts ( These Skeletons are not members of the Battalion)

5 Hexwraiths 160 pts

Tomb Scorpion 80 points

2 Morghast Harbinger 240 pts

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon w/spear and shield 440pts

3 Varghiest 160 pts

220 point summoning pool

Stormcast Shadowguard

Wardens of the Realmgate     80pt

1   Celestant Prime  360pts
1   Lord-Castellant   100pts
10 Judicators           240pts

10 Liberators           200pts
5   Protectors          200pts
4   Fulminators        480pts

1740 pts

260 pts for reinforcements

• Like 1

Wow Neferata's court is expensive

Neferata

2x2 Morghast Archai

Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon

Coven Throne

3x10 skeleton warriors

1860. Leaving room for whatever points the blood court formation costs. That's not a lot of models

Indeed its not, though for a Death list its rather elite as opposed to what im running which is a horde list.

Actually all three of the lists you guys posted are elite armies with model counts around half or less of what mine is.This all seems about right,and at 2k points you can see now that in uncomped play of the past,or even some of the comp systems that we used,,its really easy to bring an army that was just too big for playing in a tournament environment,as can be seen from the large number of drawn games at SCGT and other events.

GW has really hit the spot with this system,it looks well scaled for timed events,much like 40k is.